How long to wear a particular stone or crystal

Labhraín

Hi all,
I searched the forum for a thread on this topic but I did not see one so here goes... (if there is a thread somewhere, please let me know!)

I have read in one of my crystal books, for example that one should only wear red and orange stones or crystals for short periods as they have strong energy.

My question is, how long can you wear a particular stone or crystal? Does it depend on the properties of the stone?

I know that Ruby is an excellent stone for psychic protection, but being a red stone, according to my book, should only be used for a short period of time. Thoughts, anyone?

Thank you all for your input.
- Labhraín

Apollonia

I do feel that some crystals shouldn't be worn continuously, but I don't go by what external references say. I use my pendulum to check in with the stone and see what its energy has to say.

Labhraín

How do you use your pendulum to see what the stone is telling you? Could you also use this method in choosing stones? In other words, using the pendulum over pictures of stones. I wonder if that would be a way of selecting which stones are right.

Dusk Till Dawn

I know exactly which Stone is right for me, when I hold them in my hands. After you held the right stone in your Hand , you will notice a pounding in your hand, long after your not holding it anymore. You will feel drawn to the right ones, you'll like the color etc. I wear mine continuously until the stones color get weaker , then it's time to either give it back to the earth , or bring it's energy back. I cannot wear Ruby, it makes me very aggressive, and People have to look out if I wear one. It all has to do with your sign , likes, etc...

Labhraín

That's interesting because I think I tend to overlook the "sign stones."

What got me started on this thread was that I have been searching for a pendant for psychic protection, to ward off all negativity, aura protection. Since I do not have any black tourmaline, and I haven't come across any jewelry in black onyx (of which I have a nice little piece - there is so much great information on this forum about that!) I thought a good way to see if a stone is good for me would be to buy a tumbled stone, and see how it's energy feels, before buying jewelry in that, or in any stone.

I will definitely check out the sign stones and see what their energies are like, i.e. what can be worn long term and which ones can't.

Apollonia

Labhraín said:
How do you use your pendulum to see what the stone is telling you? Could you also use this method in choosing stones? In other words, using the pendulum over pictures of stones. I wonder if that would be a way of selecting which stones are right.

I hold the pendant over the stone and ask something on the order of, "Shall I wear you every day?" and get a yes or no. If no, then I ask, "Shall I wear you more than once a week?" and so on.

I do use the pendulum to choose stones, especially those I'm looking at on ebay or other online sites. If there are many stones I'm considering on a page, I'll scroll to the midline and ask, "Is the stone I want above this line?" and so forth until I get to the stone that is the right one. I get a lot of my stones from ebay that way, and I haven't had a dud yet, even though I don't get to experience their energy directly before I buy.

If I'm trying to decide which type of stone to purchase, I'll just ask the pendulum outright which is better.

morticia monroe

I totally go with my gut feeling regarding stones. I may wear a pendant or ring for weeks before feeling the need to change, but eventually I always do.

When choosing what to wear, usually a particular stone or piece comes to mind, and that's what I go for, trusting that it's what I need. It always is.

Labhraín

Thanks, I will give that a try.