Tarot Showing Up in Dreams?

Lynny

Sorry if this is in the wrong section. >_<

Last night, I had trouble falling asleep, because I was thinking about my most recent ex. But after some stressful thinking and worrying, I fell asleep, I think. Then I found myself thinking about tarot. Sometimes, before I really got into the tarot, I would think about math and numbers endlessly while I slept after being stressed, and I would wake up feeling less rested than when I went to sleep! But when I dreamed about the tarot, cards kept showing up and making strange patterns, like a spread, but they were 3D, like a house of cards, and they were larger than me. There were a lot of cards that showed up, and I felt the stress going away. The cards comforted me. A lot of them were from the cups suit, like the 10 and 2 of cups. Anyways, sorry for the wall of text.

Has anyone else been conforted by the cards in their sleep? Or have you had a more troublesome dream about tarot?

Cactus

I read an article that said when you dream of tarot and can actually tell what cards are there, try to write down the cards because you're being given a reading by your higher self, spirit, the divine, whatever...

I think it's very good to dream of tarot because it's sinking into your subconscious and at the same time giving you messages. A tarot reading from your dream you just cannot argue with.

Even if you don't recognize the cards, you can tell yourself right before you go to sleep the next time to remember your dreams and ask to be shown cards clearer!

Cerulean

I once had a very memorable dream...

because the dream was about water depths under the musical arch of an outdoor soundstage--and instead of an orchestra platform and conductor on a stage under the arch, there was water from the sea entering a canal or beach marina without waves. Tarot cards were lined up like moveable buoys or targets going back and forth...the Albano Waite's brilliant blue and white High Priestess was the card in front going from right to left, sliding on ropes or poles...one was supposed to shoot an air-gun and the card would flip around. I saw that people were supposed to aim at the headress and swirl the card...

Since this was a carnival/festival with tarot themes and I used to like to either paddle a kayak or do rowing at the marinas, I waded out on a half-submerged rowboat to an island...and found a tarot reader of sorts...who turned out to be someone I knew just pretending to be a reader. She was a Japanese friend who had moved from Southern California to Northern California, within 50-60 miles of me...but we had nothing in common any more! Her husband and herself either worked or taught or studied theoretical sciences and played board or card games socially...and worked on their house or garden on weekends. So I smiled at her for about five minutes and got up to go somewhere else...I kept looking for the High Priestess cards and the moving targets, but they vanished, of course...

This was about three to five years ago. I think I was wistful and wondering about hearing familiar accents and lovely old things that I had missed...but couldn't find again.

But since I've been working on my Japanese music studies and been involved with family happenings, I've not had any dreams of missing cards or music or longing to hear old accents...I hear quite a bit of them!

tigerlily

About 2 weeks ago, I had a dream where the King of Cups came to me, laid his hands on my shoulders and sent blue healing energy through my body. Then he told me that I should forget all those color schemes for the chakras, every chakra could be of any color.

When I woke up, my backache was gone (I had had it for weeks, it was so bad that I couldn't turn my head fully to the left)... that was really cool...

Don't know why he lectured me about my chakras, though, I'm not into chakra healing...

MistressNatasha

Oh!

I remember reading this yesterday, but I didn't remember a dream that included Tarot. So I couldn't respond. But last night I had a dream that included Tarot a bit. I was talking to a friend on MSN and she asked what I was doing. I said I was getting a Tarot reading done by a guy. She went on about how it's bad to get free readings. o_O Haha! I don't even think she knows I read Tarot. So it was quite a silly dream when I woke up. I don't even think I got my reading, come to think of it. =\

swimming in tarot

Cactus speaks wisely! Be sure to write down whatever you dreamed, and whatever you learn from the dream. It's worth remembering!

NorthernTigress

I don't know what was wrong with me last night, but I had the weirdest, weirdest dream. I dreamt that I was doing a tarot reading... for a chicken.

My 'sitter' was almost exactly like Foghorn Leghorn from the old Warner Brothers cartoon, but without the speech pattern. He was asking "what is it about me that is the most popular?" or something like that.

I pulled cards, and I got an Ace of Wands, and something that was either Temperance or Judgment. I told my sitter "What people like about you the most is Wings and Drumsticks." Needless to say, he got quite upset.

The question is, do I need a tarot reader to help me with this dream, or a psychologist?!?

nisaba

Sometimes the mind will scream at you when you are dreaming to use symbolic language to tell you something you really need to know; other times, dreams simply process our daily activities.

For instance, when I was driving for a living, working as a courier, I drove for hours in my sleep. When I was playing too much of a Windoze-based game, "Minesweeper", I used to see the grid and the numbers unfolding in front of me as I clicked my way through the night. And when I spend more time on Tarot, I have vague dreams of spreads, and shuffling, and cards coming and going. It could be any deck.

If you are doing a lot of Tarot, it might be simple daily processing of the main activity. Or, if the dreams are unusually clear, emotionally charged or full of unusually clear cards, then I'd sit up and take note.

harmony1985

I dream of tarot now and again, i had a dream with three cards in the other week but can only remember the three of wands was there.
The most recent one i had i was doing a reading for an old old man, almost a goblin like man all thin and scrawny with a loin cloth on. He asked me to pick out every single card in the deck that could be describing a person as disabled.
The mind is very strange in how it gives you messages!

MistressNatasha

Another!

Oddly enough, last night I had another dream to do with Tarot! I remember getting my cards and . . . going to my little brothers bedroom. o_O I don't know why. But, anyway, I sat on the floor, shuffled, and layed out 3 cards. But after the first card, my Aunt arrived to see me so I had to put the cards away and I kept repeating the last two cards. It was a little confusing because the deck didn't really seem like mine, yet it did.

I think the first card was Strength.

The middle card I know was Judgment. It wasn't the card in my Gilded deck at all. But I knew it from XX and that's probably why I remember it so well.

The last card I'm positive was of pentacles/coins. I think the deck used coins because that's all I kept thinking when I was trying to remember it in the dream. I want to say it's the Seven of Pentacles/Coin. But I also have a feeling that it was reversed.

When I get home later I'm going to lay these out and see what I can get from it. =] In the dream I really couldn't see the cards; they were quite blurry and most of the time it was just stuff blended together. I don't even know what my question was . . . or if I even had one!

I curse Lynn for starting this thread! XD Now you're making me dream of Tarot! It's like "I Dream of Genie" only "I Dream of Tarot!" XD

~Natasha