Calcite, all colours

Sebastin

Hi

Lets start a thread about calcite. it comes in many colors, blue, green, yellow, orange and red and clear calcite.

I just recently got a new calcite, orange calcite with green dots or wand type of in the yellow structure. I'm not sure what the green/blackish is but I assume actinolite? Can anyone help?

Calcite usually has only one color that's in the gem markets.

Calcite is a powerful stone. All colors have a bit different meanings.

morticia monroe

Hi there!

I have a spear of honey calcite, some blue, and also some green. I love the feeling of fluidity with them,,,they just mellow things out.....

Sophie

I love calcite but I'm only just beginning to work with it.

Current favourites are yellow calcite (including honey), but I've also been fond of mangano (pink) since a friend gave me a peace that looks like a candy floss thumb :D

Sebastin

I dont have pink, I have the colors I listed, plus this rare orange with green blackish dots.

I know much about calcite: here's some:
Metaphysical:
When placed under pressure this mineral releases electrical impulses and is an energy amplifier. It aids mind to remember information brought by astral level and channeling experiences. It helps the body to remember flawlessness so that it may return it to the state of perfection during times of disease. Energy that is brought inwards one fold is released outwards two folds. It brings forth a polarizing prismatic energy, which engenders a spectrum of energy to clear and activate all levels of chakra. It is an excellent stone for use in the studies of arts and sciences. Using the various colors of calcite placed accordingly to their levels of chakra across the body clears and activates that chakra and has been known to provide a sweeping action which has resulted in clearing the remaining centers. Clear and Golden Calcite work extremely well for the crown chakra. Iceland Spar has an additional property of double refraction and can be used to be reminded of word's double meanings, communication, and cleansing and clearing the outer bodies.

Physical:
Calcite has been used in the treatment of the kidneys, pancreas, and spleen, decalcifying bone growths, and balancing calcium within the body. Green Calcite has been used to get rid of infections and provides a barrier to diminish the effect of disease producing microorganisms and it has been used with lepidolite and quartz to eliminate candida.

Calcite is very special and benefical on:
NURTURING (mangano ) PEACE (blue )
AWARENESS (green, orange) VITALITY IMPROVE (orange)

My question remains, what is the green/blackish on the otherwise orange calcite? I hope someone can comment.

crystalflame

Hi!
Maybe one can relate the color of calcite with the corresponding chakra (energy center) color, starting from the base chakra -red to the crown chakra violet. Green would be the heart chakra - love and emotions, and orange would be the sacral center, i.e. creative forces.

brightbrook

I recently had an amazing experience with blue calcite in combination with jet.

On my lunch break I picked up a piece of blue calcite in a shop and could not let go of it. I also bought a small piece of jet at the same time.

I put them both in my pocket and went back to work. About 3 hours later I got up from my desk and was extremely lightheaded almost dizzy. I could still function physically. I hardly know how to describe the sensation, but it seemed to be something taking place in my aura.

I walked home, very carefully. I realized that it was the stones causing the sensations. I experienced the lightheadedness for the rest of the evening, although after I took the stones out of my pocket for a while it lessened.

I have been working with opening and clearing my throat chakra because I have challenges with my voice. The combination of the calcite (which I have read opens and clears chakras) with the jet to eliminate the negativity, was truly amazing.

brightbrook

On examining the blue calcite later I noticed that held in a certain direction it looks like the profile of a person with her mouth open . . . singing? I wish I had the proper equipment to post a photo.

Also I purchased a honey calcite sphere which I am starting to work with at the crown chakra. I meditated lying down with it at my crown and felt some expansion, but not like with the blue calcite!