Hello, I'm new and have a ? re the moon card

Lunalass

My daughter just gave me a desk of tarot cards for my birthday this week. I've done tarot before, but the really, really strange thing was that I kept on picking out the moon card anytime I picked a card out of the deck even after dividing and mixing them up several different times. I would just place my hand over the deck and then a card just "felt right" I always picked the moon card. I know this card can be a warning, but I'm actually quite happy in my life right now..nothing out of the usual has occurred. Does anyone have another reason why I'm pulling this card. Also, I'm not picking this card out when I try a reading..just when I pick a card out of the desk without picking any other cards.

Thanks for any input or advise...

MistressNatasha

Welcome!

It's great to have you here! Maybe try asking your question in Your Readings, Using Tarot Cards, or Talking Tarot. =] You'll get more responses on one of those boards. Oh! And Happy Birthday! I hope you'll stay around with us here at the forum. We'd be glad to have you. =]

~Natasha

Jyscal

Greetings and welcome. The Moon is a very strange and powerfull card. I went to your profile and noticed the deck. I would say this card is trying to send you a very strong message you should heed. Dont worry about not understanding fully at first, it will come to you with time. Have a great time on the forum.

HarleyQuinnX

Hi Lunalass.

Welcome to the AT Forums.

As far as the recurring Moon card goes, there's some spreads to analyze more about a recurring card here. (Link is the word "here")

Using that spread, you can gain some better insight into your situation, the meaning behind the recurring card, and get some practice reading in general.

Hope to see you around the forums.

~David

re-pete-a

Hi ,
welcome to the ?'s here at AT

PAMUYA

Welcome to AT: Here is the meaning I wrote about the Moon(which is my card) I wrote this after meditating with this card in mind...take it for what it is..just my opinion. Enjoy:

The mysterious Moon card, let’s take a trip. The crayfish, let your subconscious go, stand firm and walk past the dog and wolf with confidence. Beyond them are the pillars, this is where you will find your inner hopes, dreams and fears. Do not fear this place, your answers will be found here. In fact anything can happen here, let your mind wonder. Your intuition and psychic force is enhanced here. Quiet your fears and let the whispers of your intuition come through. You must not stay here too long. This can be a place of lunacy and mental disorders.

When the Moon card appears in a reading you must be alert, there maybe someone around you whom you cannot trust. Time to get out of the fog and fantasies; pay attention. The light of the moon isn’t light at all, but only a reflection of the truth. Time to know what is fact, and what is fiction. You maybe blinded by your own emotions, not a good time to make important decisions. Know who your friends are, and seek their advice. This is a time you feel overwhelmed.

The Moon is a card of psychic abilities and intuition. But fear can turn this wisdom into nightmares. When you see this card it’s time to pay attention that your emotions are not clouding your vision…WAKE UP!

Enjoy your journey!!

Cactus

I have to agree with SassyJackal about the moon card. That card is my most favorite card in any tarot deck.

You will learn so much here! Welcome.

hshaffery

Welcome Lunalass!

I used to pull Strength all the time, and as I came to understand the card better it started showing up less and less. Maybe the Moon has an important message for you. ;) Good luck!

Dusk Till Dawn

Hi there! Welcome here!

celticnoodle

welcome Lunalass to AT!

as for the moon card you keep pulling out, and I am guessing why you took the name you did here....the moon card definately has a message for you. it may not be a bad message, as the moon can also be indicative of a change happening for you. not necessarily a bad change either.

It can be indicative of your abilities developing. the moon is supposedly a sign of intuition, and you now have a deck of tarot cards! maybe that is the change! It may even be suggestive of your psychic abilities developing! so, don't allow it to frighten you--it can be a warning of trials, but I think since you just now received your cards, that it is more probable pointing to your abilities developing now that you have started on this new path! :D