JOLANDA Study group - 3 of Disks

Guiding Cauldron

My card pull today:

3 pents

I love the egyptian feel straight away, the dry desert with seemingly no life in it at all and this fabulous snake paintbrush that transforms the desert beauty and puts it to canvas with the knowledgable Sphinx overseeing and seemingly giving her blessing to the endevaour. I suppose I get a personal feeling of mastery potential and hidden benefits to me with this card; with a higher blessing to my endeavours and guides helping/overseeing me along my way.

Alan Ross

The keyword for this card is "Omsorg." I ran it through a couple of online translation engines, both of which render it in English as "Care." The sense I get from this card is one of craftsmanship, of tending to something or creating something with great care, whether it's a massive undertaking like one of the Egyptian pyramids or something more intimate and personal, like a painting.

This card reminds me somewhat of the Three of Disks in the Thoth Tarot, which shows a top-down view of a massive pyramid located in a desolate desert. The keyword for the Thoth card is "Works," signifying material accomplishment, not too different from the Jolanda. I am puzzled by the images in the coins: a cat, a bird, and a fish. Are they decorative or do they have significance?

Alan

Guiding Cauldron

Hi Allen nice to c u here. I would say the coins give a sence of material accomplishments like you described in your definition. Once mastered potential is realized it can bring material wealth if put into paractice.

If you want to reach out maybe even the Cat coin can be of Egyptian civilization accomplishments, the Bird of Aztec or Incan accomplishments and the Fish of fabled Atlantis accomplishments. Just a far left thinking there on my part :)

Alan Ross

Guiding Cauldron said:
If you want to reach out maybe even the Cat coin can be of Egyptian civilization accomplishments, the Bird of Aztec or Incan accomplishments and the Fish of fabled Atlantis accomplishments. Just a far left thinking there on my part
Well, it's better than anything I can come up with. I was hoping I could come up with some sort of alchemical or mythological significance, but I don't know a lot about alchemy and my knowledge of world mythologies isn't much better.

Does the deck come with a LWB? If so, does it cover deck symbolic details at all? I'm still waiting for my Jolanda deck to arrive in the mail. In the meantime, I'm looking at the cards posted on the Taroteca website, where the Jolanda is called the "Swedish Witch" Tarot.

Alan

Guiding Cauldron

yes it does come with a LWB; i usually go by gut on a card but according to the definition of LWB the coins could relate to: power, or in a reversed position money problems. No other details about the coins are given i'm afraid, sorry.