Paulina Tarot Study Group~The Tower

HearthCricket

My thoughts on The Tower!!

This card is saturated in yellows and golds! An angry cloud sends down a bolt of lightning which sets the stone tower into flames and a woman and man fall out of windows. Two Phoenix encircle the tower gathering bits of the crumbling rock to "rebuild their lives." (LWB) While falling, the man's attention is focused on a gem falling by his side giving him a "burst of insight." (LWB) To me this also reminds us of where our treasures lie. An old looking, brittle white tree seems to be trying to keep the Tower up, but is unable to and the front stairway and foundation is shaped like a dragon, who continues to "guard his homestead" through storm and tempest. The red door represents a reminder that "good fortune can emerge from chaos". (LWB) There is also something at the top of the Tower. Can anyone figure it out? To me it looks like an anchor, the symbol of hope. I really like the way this card is represented. To me it speaks of our belief systems, way of life, relationships and fortunes crumbling down, but in a positive way in which it is sometimes necessary to let things fall apart in order to rebuild them in a new way with a fresh outlook. Hope (the anchor on top) and strong foundations (the dragon below) keep us balanced and that this card isn't all about complete loss but rather reconstructing one's life, like the phoenix. No snail! Cleverly done card!