9 of wands - Moon in Sagittarius

anubis777

I would like to post this new thread relating to the 9 of wands. This card seems some what difficult. The strength from this card comes from the Sun's reflection of Tiphareth which is feeding the energy to the Moon. Since this card is a 9 it is the sephira of Yesod on the middle pillar which again is called strength so it is a double lunar influence. The Moon brings change/flucuation & rules the emotions so i see this card as being emotionally driven towards a goal which is the archer Sagittarius. Again this card is so full of change with the Moon & the mutable Sagittarius along with the ruler of Sagittarius, Jupiter who again we could say is the wheel of fortune ever turning & changing. So i would like some input on this card.

Yygdrasilian

Fortitude

Referring to the Tree of Life glyph will help clarify this symbolism...

9:BRIDGE
.............cups.....wands..............
..swords......................disks.......
..IX................................XVIII....
....................XXI........................

Crossing the BRIDGE from Malkuth (the material plane), 'over' One's fallen soul (XXI:Universe* - the pathway upon the Tree connecting Malkuth-Yesod) to Yesod (the astral plane), it is as if One stands upon The Moon, beholding the path (Sagittarius: pathway connecting Yesod-Tipareth) to Tipareth (the Sun). See: http://www.tarotforum.net/showpost.php?p=1710193&postcount=4

*The Universe/Saturn depicts Eurydice, 'trapped' in the underworld of mortal existence, able to ascend only when One is ready to 'complete' the Great Work. IX:The Hermit=Orpheus

anubis777

9 of wands reply

Thanks for your reply but i have no idea what you are talking about. I know the Tree inside & out as well as the Caduceus but you still failed to explain the 9 of wands.The Knights reside in Chokmah the Queens in Binah the Princes in Tiphareth & ;lastly the Princesses in Malkuth. All the 9's reside in Yesod.

Yygdrasilian

An Orphic Mystery

anubis777 said:
Thanks for your reply but i have no idea what you are talking about. I know the Tree inside & out as well as the Caduceus but you still failed to explain the 9 of wands.The Knights reside in Chokmah the Queens in Binah the Princes in Tiphareth & ;lastly the Princesses in Malkuth. All the 9's reside in Yesod.
More simply put, the 9 of Wands depicts the Path of the Arrow from Yesod(moon) to Tipareth(sun). And the BRIDGE is another piece of that same path - its elements being a set of instructions, of sorts, for One's journey.

My apollogeez for any unjustified confusions...

anubis777

9 of wands

Hello again, Ok in regard to your response i know that this card has an influence on the tree leading from Yesdod to Tiphareth it is related to the Art card. So in my meditations i have come up with what i consider my meaning to the 9/wands since this card is on the middle pillar it also has to do with balance & integration of 2 extremes of opposites fire & water. This card also has a lot of the lunar influence on it which suggest change & since Sagittarius is the archer who is also releasing is arrow towards Tiphareth being the goal & fullfilment, hence this card is change which requires one to successfully do in order to reach any goal. So this is my own interpretation. Feel free to add to this meaning.

Always Wondering

Welcome Anubis777.

I don't have anything to add as it seems you have thought this out well. Just wanted to say hello.

AW

Yygdrasilian

P - 0 - V

The Moon always faces the Sun...from the Sun's perspective.
Finding the balance of light & darkness means accepting them as a single sphere of influence - hence, crossing over from the earthly point-of-view to a lunar one.
Yet, the 9 of Wands is called Strength, as it is only in its full brightness that One may shine forth like the Moon to behold the Solar PoRtaL.

The alchemical Art of combining fire & water - the marriage of Empress & Emperor - is a different piece of the riddle, still 'connected' along the Arrow's path of the middle pillar.

ravenest

Yygdrasilian said:
The Moon always faces the Sun...from the Sun's perspective.

How do you work that one out? (And if I may also make a request on the form of your answer; please use normal words and not strings of dashes, numbers, cards, etc?)

Yygdrasilian

I know where Odin's eye is hidden...

ravenest said:
How do you work that one out? (And if I may also make a request on the form of your answer; please use normal words and not strings of dashes, numbers, cards, etc?)
With the notable exception of lunar eclipses, there is always a bright side & a dark side of the Moon; thus, if the Sun were an Eye, it would always see a full Moon, regardless of the phase seen from Earth.

Ever wonder why The Moon trump doesn't correspond to the Moon?

rachelcat

I don't know what it has to do with the moon having a dark side, but I know the "practical" reason why the Moon isn't the moon. Astro assignments to Hebrew letters.

I would be interested to know what the dark (and light) sides of the moon have to do with it!

In the meantime, here is my rambling IDS post on the beautiful 9 of Wands. (A favorite of mine, if only because Art is my REAL favorite!)

9 of Wands—Strength

9=deserved, inner, subconscious
Wands=Energy

Inner strength, deserved rest

Obviously, the path between the sun and the moon, the path of Sagittarius. Just as obviously, very similar to Art. The wands are arrows in honor of Sag. Moon in Sag., so we have double moon.

The path between the sun and the moon makes this a very important, very spiritual card. It shows the way of union between the normal, everyday self and the Higher Self (Christ consciousness, Buddha nature, HGA, etc.) That’s why I think this Strength has to be inner strength, maybe even moral strength, strength of character?

The moon arrows are very attractive and mysterious to me. How would such an arrow fly? Where do they come from? Why are they shot at the sun? (To join with it, I guess . . .) Oh, reading Snuffin’s mention of the moon goddess, Artemis, I realize they come from the bow of the moon. He also brings out the virgin, independent, determined aspects of the goddess here. All good concepts of strength.

Also spiritual and mysterious is Crowley’s “change is stability” (moon and sun). It’s a fundamental truth that nothing is constant but change. It is also fundamental that most people act and feel like that’s not true. We expect things to stay the same, and if they don’t, we suffer.

Crowley points out the energy is directed downward. The Higher Self reaches for us. All we have to do is let it in.

The dark background is kind of troubling to me. Maybe it’s the darkness of the subconscious that needs the sun to illumine it. Snuffin says it’s indigo, but it looks mighty gray to me.

Moon in Sagittarius: noble-minded, enthusiastic, self-righteous, freedom-loving, well-defined sense of justice. These seem to work with the overall meaning of the card!

In a reading: Aim high (in a spiritual sense). Listen to your higher self. Take the high road in this issue. You have a store of inner strength, whether you know it or not. All you have to do is call upon it. Trust in it. Being aware of and accepting of change is an inner strength in itself.