Storing Crystals

Briar Rose

There is a huge thread now on ,' how do you store your decks' . So it got me thinking today to separate my rough cut Crystals from the polished ones. And I am glad I did. All stones looked drained, and beat up. Looks like I have to revive them.

So, how do you store your Crystals?

I have some in bowls, and some in abalone shells, cocnut shells, and on a shelf.

Attachments

• Crystals.rough.cut.jpg
    Crystals.rough.cut.jpg
    173.9 KB · Views: 194
  • Crystals.tumbled.jpg
    Crystals.tumbled.jpg
    94 KB · Views: 196

Simsy

containers...

HeavensVault said:
There is a huge thread now on ,' how do you store your decks' . So it got me thinking today to separate my rough cut Crystals from the polished ones. And I am glad I did. All stones looked drained, and beat up. Looks like I have to revive them.

So, how do you store your Crystals?

I have some in bowls, and some in abalone shells, cocnut shells, and on a shelf.

i have mine on the top of my chest of drawer. some are loose and some are in a container

I really should invest in some containers (ceramic ones) but i cannot afford it at the moment

Simsy

edit: I try to get healing wands and raw stones than tumbled stones these days as i have so many tumbled stones its unbelievable

Ambrosia

I cant post any pics at this stage unfortunately, but I have a flat wooden box with a clear lid, which has several compartments which I store my crystals and stones in by colour and type, (ie rough, tumbled etc), and is great for viewing them without getting dusty etc.
My more beautiful specimens, such as spheres, seer stones and wands are desplayed throughout my home on special stands and lightboxes.

Good thread. :)

lark

I've already posted these sometime ago..and I've moved things around a little since then...but all my crystals are always out and displayed in some fashion.

Attachments

• crystals004.jpg
    crystals004.jpg
    68.4 KB · Views: 214
  • faerie dish.jpg
    faerie dish.jpg
    279.8 KB · Views: 204

Briar Rose

Really beautiful Lark. Inspiring.

I love everyone's post. When everyone gets a chance post some pics.

BodhiSeed

My "walk-around" stones (that I often slip in a pocket) are kept in an oak box with a batik cloth inset in the top that used to belong to my grandmother. My other stones that I've collected over the years I keep in a hardware storage cabinet (like you would keep screws, nails, and bolts in). I came up with this after I kept confusing a lot of my stones that looked alike. Now I have a few in each drawer (lined with felt) with a label identifying what's in each little pull-out box. It is similar to these in this link:
http://www.oodle.com/detail/WISE-NEW-parts-craft-hardware-storage-16-drawer-cabinet/1259205828/usa/

Simsy

Ambrosia said:
I cant post any pics at this stage unfortunately, but I have a flat wooden box with a clear lid, which has several compartments which I store my crystals and stones in by colour and type, (ie rough, tumbled etc), and is great for viewing them without getting dusty etc.
My more beautiful specimens, such as spheres, seer stones and wands are desplayed throughout my home on special stands and lightboxes.

Good thread. :)

was thinking about getting one of those plastic boxes to put the crystals in ambrosia... i was wondering where can i get one.

Simsy

Ambrosia

Simsy said:
was thinking about getting one of those plastic boxes to put the crystals in ambrosia... i was wondering where can i get one.

Simsy

Hmm, mine is wooden with compartments and a clear lid. Im afraid I cant help with where to get one as it was a gift.
I will ask when I see them again, though I have a feeling it was handmade here in NZ.

Simsy

Ambrosia said:
Hmm, mine is wooden with compartments and a clear lid. Im afraid I cant help with where to get one as it was a gift.
I will ask when I see them again, though I have a feeling it was handmade here in NZ.

ah ok fair enough ambrosia... thanks for your help in this regard... sounds like a beautuful box to have around..

Simsy