Victorian Flower Oracle: Water Arum

Barbaras Ahajusts

This lady kinda perplexed me. You don't see any roots on her, just her feet. The fish seem to thank her & repect her. The Dragon fly rest upon her. All seem to need her.

Since I don't have the book, I did a search to find out what Water Arum was. Its the flower that grows on a pond. A lily pond, a frog pond. I even found a beautiful pond picture with her all over the lily pads.

She floats along giving protection, rest & a place to feed. She basks in the ability to float along & doesn't need to be root bound in dirt.

The key words are roots & ties, these I feel are the emotional gifts of the Water Arum.
I hear the little lady from The Poltergeist saying, "All come, all are welcome...!"

There is no mistake when one looks at her, she is beautiful and shows all her abilities with all that she is.

Barbara

.traveller.

I always think of the Star card from the Fantastic Menagerie and vis versa. One of the interesting things about using the two decks together is seeing the repeating images.

To me, this card represents those ties that draw things together, keep things apart, and keeps things from parting. Often the ties are emotional (water), or religious (fish). The dragonfly represents magic to me, but I am not sure how to tie (ha ha) that into the card.

Barbaras Ahajusts

Oh I can identify with the magic of the dragonfly, .traveller.!

It's about knowing how to be everything to everyone who comes into your shelter searching for their needs.
You have it to share, so they come hungry.

The Dragonfly shows the now, not yesterdays problems or the future.
Or as I have always said..."Rat now!" ;)

Barbara

.traveller.

I like that. It makes sense. The magic is in the now, this very moment, for that is where change occurs, it is where the future is born. It's pretty powerful, knowing that one could chose to do something completely out of character at this very moment. One could just... do it.
Magic indeed.