Aeclectic Tarot
Dedicated to the diversity and beauty of Tarot since 1996

· Tarot Decks   · Tarot Meanings   · Tarot Forum   · Home

Tarot Gallery Tarot Card Meanings Free Tarot Readings Tarot Books Community What's New

Aeclectic Tarot Forum > Tarot > Using Tarot Cards

Welcome to the Aeclectic Tarot Forum!

We are the oldest and largest Tarot forum community on the Internet. If you have any questions about any aspect of Tarot or using your cards, or you just want to connect with other Tarot enthusiasts, you've found the right place!

Registering your account is completely free, and allows you to post, share readings, search, view extra boards and more.

Hope to see you in the forum soon!

LovelyMissAries 
Citizen

6 of Pentacles rx

I was doing the "Coming Love Interest" spread published by WolfyJames, and I drew the 6 of Pentacles rx card as the long-term potential (granted, when I drew this I was specifically thinking of a long-term, mutually satisfying relationship) and I'm a bit confused here.

Assuming that Pentacles stands for 'years' in timing matters, the 6 of Pentacles upright would indicate the Long-term potential is 6 years. But since this card is reversed, does that mean it will be delayed or won't happen at all?

6 of Pentacles rx to me talks of insecurity, instability due to an unbalance. But it's also a karmic card, though I don't know how to apply reversed meanings in a karmic sense.

I have these theories running around but am finding it hard to make sense of them. Any other thoughts on how this could be interpreted?

Last edited by LovelyMissAries; 13-04-2009 at 02:48.
LovelyMissAries is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2009 Limited time only: Chat live with a Tarot reader now and get 50% off!     Top   #1
minrice 
Citizen

I take this to mean that the potential won't materialize, it will come up short. Perhaps shorter than expected or it will be cut short. Maybe what this person is giving to you won't be enough for you. We can only give as much as that person is willing to accept.

Old 12-04-2009 Limited time only: Chat live with a Tarot reader now and get 50% off!     Top   #2
LovelyMissAries 
Citizen

Quote:
Originally Posted by minrice
I take this to mean that the potential won't materialize, it will come up short. Perhaps shorter than expected or it will be cut short. Maybe what this person is giving to you won't be enough for you. We can only give as much as that person is willing to accept.
Pfft. Well that sucks.
Old 12-04-2009 Limited time only: Chat live with a Tarot reader now and get 50% off!     Top   #3
Hannafate 
Citizen

I would read this particular card to mean not a length of time, but a sequence. When the imbalance is corrected, THEN things can happen.

Old 13-04-2009 Limited time only: Chat live with a Tarot reader now and get 50% off!     Top   #4
LovelyMissAries 
Citizen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hannafate
I would read this particular card to mean not a length of time, but a sequence. When the imbalance is corrected, THEN things can happen.
I think you're onto something Hanna! I didn't understand the 6 of Pentacles rx, so I drew a clarifier and got the 7 of Wands rx, an another card for that which was the Ace of Wands upright. Can you tell where the imbalance is coming from? I would say it's talking about becoming more secure, but I'm not sure if it means financially or emotionally.
Old 13-04-2009 Limited time only: Chat live with a Tarot reader now and get 50% off!     Top   #5
Hannafate 
Citizen

It could be both. A common interpretation where love interests are concerned is that one must get one's own life in good order before one can share it with another.

Pentacles are usually about money.

Old 13-04-2009 Limited time only: Chat live with a Tarot reader now and get 50% off!     Top   #6
Seafra 
Citizen

Ace of Wands could be another project (so to speak) -- a different project than the one represented by the 6 of pent reversed. 7 of Wands reversed can mean 'shame' but your best bet might be to do another reading entirely on that 6 of Pent rev.

This is getting rather close to an interpretation for a reading so I'll end this here.

Old 13-04-2009 Limited time only: Chat live with a Tarot reader now and get 50% off!     Top   #7
LovelyMissAries 
Citizen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seafra
This is getting rather close to an interpretation for a reading so I'll end this here.
Oh no no I wasn't asking for that, that's for the Your Reading forum I know, but I was wondering if anyone agreed that the 7 of Wands rx did in fact reinforce the 6 of Pentacles rx because 6 of Pentacles rx to me, basically stands for insecurity. 7 of Wands upright can mean being defensive or feeling vulnerable...reversed, wouldn't it be the opposite, that you let your guard down? As for the Ace of Wands, nevermind that because it was answering "When" I would meet such person, I forgot to add that, so much apologies.
Old 13-04-2009 Limited time only: Chat live with a Tarot reader now and get 50% off!     Top   #8
Seafra 
Citizen

Upright the Six of Pentacles shows balance. (In the RWS the philanthropist is holding a balanced scale.) Reversed that balance is lost and the scale tips. Giving too much vs giving too little. Very one sided.

Seven of Wands is very much about standing up for what you believe in, digging your heals in to defend your stance even if it is unpopular. This can be a very heady experience. Reversed, as a clarification of an unbalanced state, points to shame for me. The position can't be justified. OR the position goes against an individual's personal values.

Whether the situation is that one person is 'shamed' into giving or ashamed that they are greedy or needy would take a more extensive look.

Just my opinion.

Old 14-04-2009 Limited time only: Chat live with a Tarot reader now and get 50% off!     Top   #9
Curious1 
Citizen

Personally, I don't see the 7 of wands rx as "shame" but as a person who cannot take a stand that needs to be taken on their behalf. It can represent someone who gives up too easily - one who is taken advantage of because they don't/can't stand up for themselves and what they want. Reversed, the man on the card isn't "letting his guard down" - he's engaged in battle against overwhelming odds and is at a disadvantage position wise. Since it clarifies a pent, it could mean that the imbalance has to do with resources - one person is giving more of their time, money, energy, etc. than they should because they don't want, or are not in a position, to fight or argue about it.
Curious1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-04-2009 Limited time only: Chat live with a Tarot reader now and get 50% off!     Top   #10
Go ad-free and support us too - upgrade to subscriber today