Need opinions on gypsy fortune telling cards.

Dancing Bear

they are on sale in ebay.. and I really do like the images..
But havent got money to waste..
just wondering if anyone reads with these cards and what is your opinion.. good or bad..

looks like it says on the box the makers are.. Paitnik and Sohne Wein

GYPSY FORTUNE TELLING DECK OF 32 CARDS CALLED "BIEDERMEIER AUFSCHLAGKARTEN"

ebay sale

any links to the history of them would be appreciated too..

DB xx

Queen of Pentacle

I bought this very deck brand new, for a lot less thant waht this ebay seeler is asking.
The drawings are very primitive (early), it is a lot like any Lenormand.

You have it on amazon at
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ISBN=B00008D9U2/ref=nosim/aeclectic/

I have it for a long while, and never have been appealed by this deck, so i even not tried it once... But eveyone to his (her) taste...

afrosaxon

Dancing Bear said:
just wondering if anyone reads with these cards and what is your opinion.. good or bad..

ebay sale

DB xx

These are more in the style of Zigeuner Gypsy Fortune Telling Cards, which are not like Lenormands, IMHO. I have a similar deck as this and enjoy it.

A good reference is http://seaqueen.wordpress.com (she posts on AT once in a blue moon, under SeaQueen). Her site includes card information, card definitions, deck history, various versions of this deck, and even spreads/layouts.

Hope this helps.

T.

Dancing Bear

Thanks for posting..
I have googled around and It looks like a whole heaps of these decks have been mass produced claiming to be gypsy fortune telling cards.. they all having nieve pictures upon them..they all similar but not..if you know what i mean..
so i am going to let it go.. I am sure it will come up again..
I think i will stick with my Muller, Lenormands for a moment.

the problem with Amazon for me is i have to add another $15 postage coz i am in Australia.. which make decks expensive to buy in USA at the moment. :(
I wish i could take up offers they have :)

the amazon link does have better views of the images.. thanks QOPentacles xx

thanks for the link
afrosaxon

poisonnghtblum

Dancing Bear said:

ebay sale

DB xx

My friend is Hungarian & introduced me to these cards, I absolutely LOVE them. You shuffle as normal, split from left to right 3 times & say Lover, thief & Sweetheart come up. That means that your lover is lying to you (if you're a woman, because you are always the Sweetheart card). Then you put it back in sequence & make 4 rows of 7 with cards face up (of course). Then you just read from there. House, malady, money, baby & widow would maybe mean there's a house of sickness that an older woman resides or works in & she gets money for it, but there's gossip. That simple. Baby can me an actual baby or gossip; thief usually means lies; Widow or Widower doesn't have to be just that, it can be just an older man or woman. The cards that are left over after you decifer the spread are to cover other cards, arbitrarily & random. We tend to put them over bad news cards. After turning over in sequence, it just is read like they usually are just add to the "story"

LisaW

I really like them

I have the Gypsy cards and enjoy them. I find them harder to blend together than the Lenormand or the Kipper, but I still get alot of messages from them.

My blog, "The Card Lover" has alot, Lorielle's "Hey Baby What's Your Card" blog reads mostly the Gyspy.
Of course Madame Seaqueen features them on her site; and Gypsyfair.blogspot.com writes extensively on them, plus she's got a book out on how to read with them.

Just some other places to read about them -

LisaW~