Medieval Scapini arrived today

kabang

Does anyone know which edition the Taroteca scans feature?

gregory

I think you'd be hard put to it to tell as on line scans can be very misleading. They are on the yellowy side - but at least reasonably clear, so I'd GUESS first printing (Swiss).

Why does it matter ? - there are links to a few cards from both printings further up the threads - that should tell you all you need to know !

kabang

gregory said:
I think you'd be hard put to it to tell as on line scans can be very misleading. They are on the yellowy side - but at least reasonably clear, so I'd GUESS first printing (Swiss).

Why does it matter ? - there are links to a few cards from both printings further up the threads - that should tell you all you need to know !

So there are. Oopsie.

gregory

kabang said:
So there are. Oopsie.

:D Anyway there is no question that you DO NOT WANT THE MUDDY ONE. Now the trick is to find someone who is CERTAINLY selling the old printing !

kittiann

So the consensus is that 1984 US Games decks with the Popess in the window are the good printings, correct? They seem fairly plentiful on ebay US. I just got one for $14, and there's others for $15-$20. So maybe I'm looking at the wrong edition? I guess I'll see in a few days :D

kabang

kittiann said:
So the consensus is that 1984 US Games decks with the High Priestess in the window are the good printings, correct? They seem fairly plentiful on ebay US. I just got one for $14, and there's others for $15-$20. So maybe I'm looking at the wrong edition? I guess I'll see in a few days :D

Ooh! Let me know, yes? I want. :D

kittiann

I'll let you know! I'm really hoping it's the gold edition :)

Abrac

In Debra's second link, the one that's "muddy," it says the publisher is Thorsons. Is that a misprint or is there really one by Thorsons? If so, that would be an easy way to avoid getting a bad one.

Debra

Hi kittian, to clarify, it's not a "gold" and "not gold" edition. (Or is that a typo? Did you mean "good"? LOL)

Anyway, so far as we can tell, the ones printed in Italy come in a box that does not have a window.

Abrac, they don't say "Thorstons" and I suspect that's an error in the AT listing.

The Italy printings are horrible.

I hope that the ones on e-bay are the Swiss printings, which so far as we know come in the box with the window cut into it. Sometimes e-bay sellers just grab photos off the web without realizing that there's a difference in what they're showing.

There's also the chance that one of these days they'll run out of one kind of box and start putting the other decks in the boxes that are left.

If you've got the icky printing, you'll know it when you see it.

gregory

Debra said:
Hi kittian, to clarify, it's not a "gold" and "not gold" edition. (Or is that a typo? Did you mean "good"? LOL)

Anyway, so far as we can tell, the ones printed in Italy come in a box that does not have a window.

Abrac, they don't say "Thorstons" and I suspect that's an error in the AT listing.

The Italy printings are horrible.

I hope that the ones on e-bay are the Swiss printings, which so far as we know come in the box with the window cut into it. Sometimes e-bay sellers just grab photos off the web without realizing that there's a difference in what they're showing.

There's also the chance that one of these days they'll run out of one kind of box and start putting the other decks in the boxes that are left.

If you've got the icky printing, you'll know it when you see it.
You will indeed.... It hurts the eyes.