Living The Tarot

Dark Eyes

Hiya all,
I have read the book "Living The Tarot" by Amber Jayanti. I bought the book for only $12.95 and it was the best book I have ever bought on Tarot. It only deals with the major arcana, but in such depth and with a very interesting approach. I have found it to be like a bible to me , referring to it regularely. I would welcome any comments on this book, and also if it is still available as I have some tarot acquaintances interested in getting hold of a copy. Thanks all.
Cinnamon.

jmd

Great that you like the book so much, cinnamon. Personally, I find it too locked-in to the BOTA perspective - but if that is the apprach preferred, then it is a great book.

Before the Books & Media section of the Forum was made, a number of other threads also discussed it. Two of these are:As you say, it would be good to hear other comments on this book.

Dark Eyes

Thank you jmd,
I looked back over the other posts and it was of interest. I appreciate your reply, and hope I may be able to help you sometime.
Regards Cinnamon

Hummingbird

I adore this book. It is right on, so accurate. I use it every year, for my personal "new year," which of course begins with the bday. It guides me. I only wish the author would do a revision and update.

Dark Eyes

I'm with you Hummingbird,
I lve this book too. It has made such a difference to me in my understanding of the cards, not just basic meanings, but a much deeper understanding that becomes hard to forget. In my everyday life, I relate experiences to tarot constantly, such as "gee, that was the magician in that incident" or "wow, the tower got me a beauty there" ! That is why I love the book, I can then relate my own life experiences when a client draws that card, even if their story isn't the same. At least I can explain how the card speaks, and go from there with the client.
I do agree, the book could do with a revised edition, perhaps some colour would be good too.
Keep well Hummingbird, thanks for the post !!
Regards Dark Eyes

Phoenix

As there are two current threads on "Living Tarot", I will be closing this one. Please go there for future posts.

Thank you for your co-operation.

~Phoenix
Co-Moderator of Tarot Books and Media