Inner Child- Ace of Swords

Golden Angel

Ace of Swords

There is a young man with one foot/leg on a large stone and the other on the ground trying to pull out a large glowing sword. In the foreground there are two yellow roses.

Young Man- Youth, beginnings
Sword- Power, strength, to be able to conquer, pen is mightier than the sword, willpower
Roses- Yellow, blossoming

Personal Interpretation of the Card:
This card is confusing to me. But taken as it is, I feel as though this card represents the beginnings of power, recognizing and discovering one’s own strength, the blossoming of strength as the youth is trying to remove the sword from a stone. Maybe having the ability to control nature and testing one’s own mettle.

This Card In A Reading:
Book states that it deals with not only physical strength but mental, intellectual strength. The sword could be considered like a pen, so writing may be involved (as signified by the yellow roses (yellow roses at once meant joy, wisdom, and power)).

Han Solo- throughout life there will be challenges but the sword (lightsaber) will give you the willpower to tackle these struggles. Like Han does in the movie, this card also asks for one to remember one’s own spiritual past (honorable Solo family lineage), use intuition, our higher moral ground, and intellectual knowledge as an adversary.

The Ace of Swords is a combination of strength and intellect, as it follows after the wands. This card can also reflect success from adversity.

Reversed Interpretation:
As always, the Lerners do not believe in reversed interpretation of their deck. But I take the card in reversed as lacking in the opportunity or ability to test one’s mettle of intellectual prowess, but most commonly this card in reverse suggests bullying, abusing one’s power over others.

Illustration:
http://www.ishalerner.com/shop/images/ic_ace_swords.jpg

DragonFae

Hey...just to let you know....I am STILL waiting for my deck to arrive....so I can really particpate in this group with you....I have no idea why it is not here...they said they sent it media mail so perhaps that is delaying it....

DragonFae

The Ace of Swords...the beginning of awareness of our own inner self...the essence of who we are...the power to recognize and develop strengths...and most of all an acceptance of our "path" through life....our purpose.