Saturn in the water signs?

Maggiemay

You know how they say that the sign where your saturn is, is your Karmic sign and that this is where one is to pay special attention because chances are this is the area of the chart that will cause most concern ect...

So, I'm wondering : What is saturn's issue in the water signs? I'm particularly interested about saturn in scorpio and saturn in pisces.

I guess I could always look on internet but I'd love to get it from you instead!

Thanks,

Maggie :)

Sophie

I have Saturn in Pisces (along with Sun and Mercury) at 29° 56' - so the very last minutes of Pisces - in the 11th House (where my Sun and Mercury are also situated, as well as my Aries Venus). My Beloved has Saturn in Scorpio in the 6th House.

I don't know about it being any more karmic or fated than in other signs. It's certainly not at home in feminine, water signs like Pisces or Scorpio. Mine has little essential dignity, though it is in its term. My Beloved's is peregrine, and stuck in the house of illness. He became a doctor :D.

I described my Saturn elsewhere as a querulous and somewhat ineffective old man, though he is great at making me feel guilty about all my shortcomings and giving me occasional self-pity-fests. He is also a bit of a loner, which makes everyone else in that 11th house lonely. The trouble is - when it comes to disciplining myself, he's not that useful. I tend to rely more on my strong Scorpio Mars (who is in a sign he rules and in his house of joy) to whip myself into action.

I don't know if it's linked to its position in the 11th house or to its sign, or both, but I have spent much of my life working to better the lot of others - as a humanitarian for several years and now retraining as a natural therapist; and much of my writing is concerned with other people (i.e. I am not consciously interested in autobiographical works, in either fiction or non-fiction).

My Beloved is more likely to buckle down under the impulse of his strict, somewhat joyless Scorpio Saturn, though he too relies on a strong energetic Mars a fair amount (in Aries and in the 10th house).

Minderwiz

Saturn is cold and dry - it's the planet of melancholy.

Water signs are moist and dry - they are not really Saturn's favourite places, to say the least. In modern terms they are too emotional and touchy feely for Saturn. He's just uncomfortable (a bit embarrassed?)

The best that Saturn can do in Water signs is to have by Terms, in the last few degrees and it's in detriment throughout the whole of Cancer.

My Saturn is in Leo a fire sign - far too hot and energetic LOL

Sophie

"Embarrassed" is the right word: whenever I have an emotional moment, after a while Saturn asserts itself and tells me to buck up and not be such a wet (literally :D). It has its uses, even if it's a real grump.

NB - Minderwiz, you mean water signs are moist and cold, I am assuming?

214red

Minderwiz said:
mine is too!

Maggiemay

Minderwiz said:
Saturn is cold and dry - it's the planet of melancholy.

Water signs are moist and dry - they are not really Saturn's favourite places, to say the least. In modern terms they are too emotional and touchy feely for Saturn. He's just uncomfortable (a bit embarrassed?)

a) Would you say that Saturn in a water sign could be an indicator of depression (or at least a tendency)?

b) Saturn? Embarrassed? WOW! I had to sit down for that one! lol
Does being in a water sign give saturn some type of 'fragility' that in essence it shouldn't have?

c) I was told Saturn in cancer spells : rheumatism. What do you think? Shouldn't it be more along the line of osteoperosis? ( I know we're a far cry from medecine but still...I'm curious!)

Minderwiz said:
The best that Saturn can do in Water signs is to have by Terms, in the last few degrees and it's in detriment throughout the whole of Cancer.

Do you mean to say that there is nothing (no degree) in Cancer to 'redeem' Saturn?

Minderwiz said:

For real? That's neat.

Fudugazi said:
I don't know if it's linked to its position in the 11th house or to its sign, or both, but I have spent much of my life working to better the lot of others - as a humanitarian for several years and now retraining as a natural therapist; and much of my writing is concerned with other people (i.e. I am not consciously interested in autobiographical works, in either fiction or non-fiction).

That is awesome! You are probably right, it's got to be a combination of saturn in pisces and in the 11th house. Mother Theresa, you!

Fudugazi said:
"Embarrassed" is the right word: whenever I have an emotional moment, after a while Saturn asserts itself and tells me to buck up and not be such a wet (literally :D). It has its uses, even if it's a real grump.

LOL - You're a blast!!