Anna K Study Group: Question for Sulis about Readings

Dr.Girlfriend

Hi Sulis,
I read the study group guidelines and I have a question about bringing readings into the study group. I really like that idea, but I'm not sure exactly what that would look like, within the study group forum. Could we post readings, offer interpretations of our own and others' readings as a way of getting to know the deck better? Can you be more specific about how it would differ from posting in the Your Readings forum?
I'm posting this as a thread rather than a PM so that we can all know about this option of including readings in the study group. I think it will really enrich our studies and I think it's a brilliant idea (good work, Sulis and Moonbow!)

Sulis

Hi Dr. Girlfriend,

Moonbow* doesn't moderate Tarot Study Groups any more, the forum moderators can be seen at the top of each forum main page.

As for readings.. No we don't allow readings in Tarot Study Groups - Your Readings is the place for that. Every now and then a reading is allowed but it really is the exception and would just be to illustrate a particular point. It hardly ever happens.

The Tarot Study Groups guidelines can be found here: http://www.tarotforum.net/showthread.php?t=32949
The bit about readings is in post 4 and I think that since that guideline was posted we have had one, maybe two readings so I'd much rather readings were posted in Your Readings.

Satori

Hi Dr. Girlfriend,

I like the idea of an AnnaK reading circle, and we can do this in the REX as well. What happens is that someone puts up a thread about doing a reading circle, a round robin, inviting owner of the AnnaK deck to sign-up and participate.

Sign-ups last for about a week, or some other adequate time for people to find the thread and decide if they can participate. Once everyone signs-up you set a date you decide on the order of the round robin, and away you go.

We used to do alot more of these a few years ago, but for some reason it has sort of fallen out of fashion, as happens on the forum. No reason not to resurrect it.

I think we can put up a post in the general thread to advertise it to the AnnK study group folks, but don't be surprised if other people sign-up too. In fact with the scans available at Anna's site, we can suggest that folks choose cards from any RWS deck, but to use the scans on Anna's site to do the actual reading.

I have no problem doing this, setting up a thread, because I really want to see people in action with the deck, and to see how people are handling the cards in readings.

If I am not mistaken, the more active we get with the AnnaK deck the more we have a chance of earning our own official study group area, and once there we can have reading circles as often and as much as we want. Right Sulis?

Dr.Girlfriend

Satori,
Let's do it (as long as it passes muster with Sulis). Do you want to post the thread or would you like me to? I think it would be better if you do it because you know what you're talking about more than I do. Maybe PM me to let me know you've started a thread.
I think reading the cards in relation to each other would be the best way to learn the deck and develop a connection with the cards. To my mind, it could be sample readings rather than actual readings, either way is fine.
How about starting with 3 card spreads? Or do you think it would be better to let people do whatever spread they want...
I'm not very experienced reading the cards in general, so 3 card spreads sounds good to me, but maybe more experienced readers would want to do more.
I'm kind of rambling, sorry, but I'm excited that you found this thread and want to make it happen.

Satori

Great, I can have something up momentarily. I think I have a great spread for us as well.

I am a real fan of three cards spreads, and for the purpose of this first foray into the AnnaK as a group I agree that this will be a nice number.

Sulis is a great leader, btw, and I did my very first Seeker work with her. She actually had us start with one card readings, and I am actually tempted to do one or two cards for this first little exercise, but three cards works too.

Let me see what I can unearth in my notebook and I'll PM you with the link.

Sulis

Satori said:
If I am not mistaken, the more active we get with the AnnaK deck the more we have a chance of earning our own official study group area, and once there we can have reading circles as often and as much as we want. Right Sulis?

No, we don't allow readings in Tarot Study Groups or in the Individual Deck Studies forums. Readings must be in Your Readings, Reading Exchange or Reading Circles.

I have a feeling that something like this will be better in Reading Circles but Satinangel and Tabi, the Reading Ex / Reading Circles moderators would be the ones to ask about that.

Sulis x