Anna K. 6 The Lovers

Briar Rose

Anna K. 6 The Lovers

This cards shows 2 matures adults, lovers. They are outside,sitting on a bench next to a blossoming tree, holding each other very content. There is a dog at the man's foot. The sky is bright.

The book reads that this lovers card is about the ever lasting, mature trusting of love. This card can also mean a decision made from the heart, the unconditional "Yes."

What kind of blossoming tree is that?

Dr.Girlfriend

VI- The Lovers

Such a beautiful portrayal of The Lovers as an older couple who are perhaps in the winter of their lives, yet they are still in the springtime of their love (the bushy plant in abundant full bloom around them). The plant almost holds them, as they hold each other. Clearly they are happy together and completely at home with each other. They've probably been together for decades, yet they still appreciate each other and feel blessed to be together. This is romantic love, but not the hot sexual romantic love of youth (not to say they don't still have sex! But it is not the driving force it once was). And this love is very PERSONAL, not the abstract archetypal love of the RW Lovers.
This is a picture that comes from the heart and touches the heart. It is an optimistic card, which shows the possibility of love that lasts for a lifetime, a "til death do us part" that really happens that way.
So many love relationships don't last a lifetime, and so many that last don't sustain this level of connection and closeness. It is everyone's dream to have this, yet so few people actually do. This card speaks to the truth that this CAN be real. If someone draws these Lovers in a reading, I would say that the card is telling THEM, personally, that this can be real for THEM. To think about the relationship they are in: do they feel that this relationship has the potential to be what these lovers are, years down the road? Or if they're not in a relationship, this card is a reminder that what they want is possible, and to hold out for it.
This is SOULMATE love, and how beautifully soulful the card is.

A couple of observations I find interesting:
1)the dog! Here is the dog, and what a beautiful dog it is. Not a frisky puppy but a mature, mellow dog, like the people are, and practically blending in with them.
2) These people are not "wealthy", they are not wearing fine robes or jewels, but they are extremely wealthy in love, spirit and soul.
3)Anna again chooses a yellow-orange for the sky, a color that imbues and speaks of warmth, as opposed to the cool blue of the actual sky.
4)The ground is GRAY, not BLACK and WHITE!! I think this represents integration (psychological integration & emotional maturity) and living in truth, which is almost never black or white. Also being able to live with the ambiguities and mysteries of life: people who can't handle ambiguity are people who need to make everything black or white and oversimplify what truth really is.

Anna.K

Briar Rose said:
What kind of blossoming tree is that?
It's a "dog rose", in German called "hedge rose". I always found ordinary roses a bit obtrusive and so opted for this more natural type, also because it's quite durable, robust, and resistant, just as The Lovers' love is! :)

Surja76

Long time I have been thought why only one RING is on the woman's head. If she is married, she should have two rings the same like Empress has.
Does it mean the ONLY choice in the life for her? The only man for the whole life? Their hands joined like figure "8", sign of infinity.

I see 5 blades of grass just on the yellow background. Their way to heppiness was not so easy, they had to fight for their relationships in the past. And this struggle maid their forces more solid. They had to play each other, they have got used to each other. I think most depended on him in this relationships, he aims to his right knee with his right forefinger. He is master and he is the Head of the family. He is the wall, strong shoulder she can lean.

But I have another question I can not understand in this card. Please, help me.
The Dog - is the symbol fidelity. But the dog is sitting just at the LEFT foot. it is weak part.

But I can not understand here correctly. Does it mean that he was true man, protected his private life or does it mean fidelity was his weakest place the dog should always watch over?

As I undertsand he is the only man in her life but what about HIM?

Sorry I used to Lovers as to Card of big choice.

Grizabella

Long time I have been thought why only one RING is on the woman's head. If she is married, she should have two rings the same like Empress has.
Does it mean the ONLY choice in the life for her? The only man for the whole life? Their hands joined like figure "8", sign of infinity.

I see 5 blades of grass just on the yellow background. Their way to heppiness was not so easy, they had to fight for their relationships in the past. And this struggle maid their forces more solid. They had to play each other, they have got used to each other. I think most depended on him in this relationships, he aims to his right knee with his right forefinger. He is master and he is the Head of the family. He is the wall, strong shoulder she can lean.

But I have another question I can not understand in this card. Please, help me.
The Dog - is the symbol fidelity. But the dog is sitting just at the LEFT foot. it is weak part.

But I can not understand here correctly. Does it mean that he was true man, protected his private life or does it mean fidelity was his weakest place the dog should always watch over?

As I undertsand he is the only man in her life but what about HIM?

Sorry I used to Lovers as to Card of big choice.

The left foot---the left side is associated with the heart and is why a wedding ring is also placed on the left hand. I think the dog is on his weak side to provide some added strength there maybe.

This card is the most beautiful card in the deck to me, and that's saying a lot since there are so many beautiful cards. This card reminds me so very much of my Uncle Fred and Aunt Olga. Uncle Fred lived to be almost 100 years old, and he and his wife were the couple on this card as sure as I live and breathe. He died just last year and the light went out of Aunt Olga's eyes. I've never before or since seen any couple so in love for all their years as these two were. My heart goes out to Aunt Olga because I know how lost she feels without Uncle Fred. From the very night they met, they were inseparable and they were married over 50 years.

My Uncle Fred always had hunting hounds when I was a little girl. After he quit hunting with the dogs, though, in later years he still always had a dog of some sort, looking much like the dog on this card.

flipperjane

Dog Rose - or Rosa canina - it seems very appropriate to have a dog in this picture given the Latin name of this native european rose. I think the dog is just lying between the man's legs the way a loyal dog does.

ana luisa

this card is a one of a kind. Everything in it shows solidity, loyalty and longevity. True love. There's not much I could add to the amazing previous posts. Only that EVERY time I see this card, I get this old song on my mind :
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nsf3SqIv0Ns

Harperhaven

I too don't really have anything to add to this discussion but I have to say that this card is my all time favorite "Lovers" card of any deck I've owned or even seen. Most other decks seem to portray this as a youthful card....almost more about sex than about love.

The Anna K. Lovers has definitely stuck with me. The depth of their love is shown beautifully. Even when I'm reading with other decks, when the Lovers come up, the image of the Anna K. Lovers come to my mind.