Looking For An Oracle Deck For Timing/Predicting Events

sammyofnyc

Hello, I hope someone can please help me. I am a beginner in terms of cartomancy/tarot/oracle cards and I have been looking for deck that would be easy to use and good for predicting/timing events. It is really hard to find a deck that is both easy and very accurate in terms of event timing. After doing much research I have come across the Gypsy Fortune Telling Cards and the Moon Oracle Cards. Based upon some reviews this seems to be what I was looking for. However, I am a little concerned because since the Moon Oracle relies upon astrology and knowledge of the moon phases, it would seem that anyone would have a hard time learning to use these cards if they do not have knowledge or mastery of astrology.

The thought of learning astrology seems like a big task considering how complicated and how much knowledge you have to know. I am just guessing but it seems that I would not be able to use these cards because of my ignorance of astrology. Therefore, I have some questions such as:

Am I correct in saying that I have to know astrology to use the Moon Oracle cards?

Or, can anyone without any knowledge of astrology use these cards just by reading the books with the interpretations?

And how about timing events...can I use the information in the book ONLY to forecast dates? Or do I have to know astrology IN ADDITION to following the instructions in the book to forecast dates?

Can anyone recommend a good oracle deck that is great and accurate for event timing. I would greatly appreciate your help since I am eager to purchase a oracle deck. My email address is ~email address removed by moderator~. Thank you.

hunter

Try the Magical Menagerie

Rhiannon

I have the Moon Oracle and I don't have a problem using it, and I have next to zero knowledge of astrology.

I will say that I don't use it very often... in fact, I don't think I've picked it up in years. :) It is a nice deck though, I just don't need to do timed readings very often.

sammyofnyc

Thank You

Thank you for your recommendation. I appreciate it very much. Sam

The Gordo

Tarot d'Eltynne hands down.

Golden Angel

Doreen Virtue

Hi,

I have a Doreen Virtue oracle deck called Magical Messages from the Fairies (or something similar to that) and it gives timing as in Fall, Autumn, Spring, Summer. Those are the four cards. But there's also some other cards within the deck that alludes to timing, like "Perfect Timing" or "Birthday- A significant birthday holds the answer to your questions" as it refers to what you are inquiring about will happen around the timing of a significant birthday.

This deck is gorgeous. However, its not one of my favorite decks as personal readings on this deck are horrible for me. However, sometimes I am called towards this deck when doing readings for others and I get very accurate information- go figure! When that happens I usually take the opportunity to do a personal read for myself because apparently whatever is communicating with me is opened up to the universe and I try to take advantage of it.

Bernice

The Lenormand!

No astro needed and only 36 cards. PLUS there's a Workshop thread here at AT for them. Lot's of ideas, discussions etc.

I love the Tarot d'Eltynne, but it has more cards and could be a little overwhelming for someone starting out.

The Wiccan Cards are also a small deck, but I don't think they're as all-round useful as the Lenormand decks.

Bee :)

The Gordo

Bernice said:
The Lenormand!

No astro needed and only 36 cards. PLUS there's a Workshop thread here at AT for them. Lot's of ideas, discussions etc.

I love the Tarot d'Eltynne, but it has more cards and could be a little overwhelming for someone starting out.

The Wiccan Cards are also a small deck, but I don't think they're as all-round useful as the Lenormand decks.

Bee :)

That's interesting Bee. I don't think there is much difference for a beginner whether it be d'Eltynne or Lenormand. The amount of cards used is a non issue for me. If I didn't use the Tarot d'Eltynne, I would use the Lenormand.

HearthCricket

Decks like the Hidden Path/Well Worn Path and the Fairy Ring Oracle have cards that signify various seasons and holidays. This might be helpful in establishing specific times, when working with the right kind of spread, as well. Not only does the Fairy Ring Oracle have cards for the various Fairy Festivals, but they divide up into the four seasons, as well. :)

lightbug

I'm not sure how the Tarot d'Eltynne signifies time, similar to Lenormand (where I guess each card carries an additional time meaning) - can you lead me to any further reading?

Another deck which has time periods is the L’oeil de Lotus.