Aeclectic Tarot
Dedicated to the diversity and beauty of Tarot since 1996

· Tarot Decks   · Tarot Meanings   · Tarot Forum   · Home

Tarot Gallery Tarot Card Meanings Free Tarot Readings Tarot Books Community What's New

Aeclectic Tarot Forum > Tarot > Using Tarot Cards

Welcome to the Aeclectic Tarot Forum!

We are the oldest and largest Tarot forum community on the Internet. If you have any questions about any aspect of Tarot or using your cards, or you just want to connect with other Tarot enthusiasts, you've found the right place!

Registering your account is completely free, and allows you to post, share readings, search, view extra boards and more.

Hope to see you in the forum soon!

DreamerGirl81 
Citizen

Ace of cups as feelings

I am wondering how would you interpet this in the feelings position.

In particular what is the difference between ace and 2 of cups. Which one shows deeper emotions?
DreamerGirl81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2009 Limited time only: Chat live with a Tarot reader now and get 50% off!     Top   #1
BrightEye 
Citizen

The Ace shows only the beginning of emotional involvement. It shows potential, probably not yet articulated, whereas the 2 suggests some kind of reciprocation.
BrightEye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2009 Limited time only: Chat live with a Tarot reader now and get 50% off!     Top   #2
willowfox 
Ex-fortuneteller

The ace is the attraction, the 2 is the union, so the 2 would be stronger.
willowfox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2009 Limited time only: Chat live with a Tarot reader now and get 50% off!     Top   #3
ofbainbridge 
Citizen

Aces reveals that the heart is opening up to someone or something and the 2 of Cups is about the choice to go do that. 3 would be the expression of that affection.

Take Your Candle & Go Light The World...
ofbainbridge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2009 Limited time only: Chat live with a Tarot reader now and get 50% off!     Top   #4
septemberwitch 
Resident

hi

I always understood the Ace of cups to mean beginning to feel an outpouring of emotions. As if to say that finally the feelings have welled up to the surface and now pouring out of you. I am not necessarily referring to a romantic relationship as such although it certainly can pertain to that. It might well be that someone has been pushing their feelings and emotions down and they either can't hold it in any more or choose not to. So I see it as someone who is finally ready to burst and get things out in the open be it a positive or negative I suppose it depends. Never the less out they come. Absolutely just my angle and others may see it totally different and likely will. It's just what comes to mind for me when I see this card. Hope it helps!
septemberwitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2009 Limited time only: Chat live with a Tarot reader now and get 50% off!     Top   #5
~Lisa~ 
Citizen

Smile Hi :)

For me, I see all the aces as seeds. They are in the ground. The potential for egs the little acorn to grow into a beautiful oak tree is there. So all the magic ingredients are in place and are ready. The cups would be a relationship so for me all the pieces, perhaps still hidden, or in infancy are ready for the start of something new. How the tree grows from there...well, the rest of the story carries on in the other cards,..

And in between the moon and you the angels get a better view of the crumbling difference between wrong and right; I walk in the air between the rain through myself and back again; Where? I donít know.
~ Counting Crows Round Here
~Lisa~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2009 Limited time only: Chat live with a Tarot reader now and get 50% off!     Top   #6
~Lisa~ 
Citizen

Cool Also

The two of cups would be the very beginning of a relationship when their is a mutual attraction. Nothing is solid yet and some people sometimes see time in this card, 2 years, 2 months, etc...that it will take to actually solidify.

And in between the moon and you the angels get a better view of the crumbling difference between wrong and right; I walk in the air between the rain through myself and back again; Where? I donít know.
~ Counting Crows Round Here
~Lisa~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2009 Limited time only: Chat live with a Tarot reader now and get 50% off!     Top   #7
septemberwitch 
Resident

I see what your saying in terms of a romantic relationship. good stuff!
Old 12-05-2009 Limited time only: Chat live with a Tarot reader now and get 50% off!     Top   #8
nisaba 
Tarot-Tart

The Ace encapsulates the whole of the suit. It is the cup that runneth over, and is very often pictured as such. It's worthwhile not to think of it in terms of love only: it is about all emotions: love, happiness, sadness, anger, worry. A full heart can be full of anything. When it comes up in a reading, which isn't all that often, it usually is for a client who is very emotional in all sorts of ways, often emotionally changeable at the drop of a hat. It tends to indicate immoderate, strong feelings of all the different types.
nisaba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2009 Limited time only: Chat live with a Tarot reader now and get 50% off!     Top   #9
septemberwitch 
Resident

hi

Nisaba...I see it much the same as you do! It can be about any emotion both good and bad.
Old 12-05-2009 Limited time only: Chat live with a Tarot reader now and get 50% off!     Top   #10
Go ad-free and support us too - upgrade to subscriber today