Aeclectic Tarot
Dedicated to the diversity and beauty of Tarot since 1996

· Tarot Decks   · Tarot Meanings   · Tarot Forum   · Home

Tarot Decks Tarot Card Meanings Free Tarot Readings Forum Community What's New

Aeclectic Tarot Forum > Tarot > Using Tarot Cards

Welcome to the Aeclectic Tarot Forum!

We are the oldest and largest Tarot forum community on the Internet. If you have any questions about any aspect of Tarot or using your cards, or you just want to connect with other Tarot enthusiasts, you've found the right place!

Registering your account is completely free, and allows you to post, share readings, search, view extra boards and more.

Hope to see you in the forum soon!

Saphirei 
Resident

Death & Wheel in combination

So I found the death card + the wheel card sitting on my bed very nicely placed and I dont know who did it. Im not saying I think the cards magically flew out of the deck or something but I swear when I left they were in my deck.

But what do you think those two cards mean in combination?

Death is sort of a mental rebirth and the wheel of fortune can usually mean good fortune... so... somethings telling me Im gonna have some kind of good enlightening?
Saphirei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-05-2009 Limited time only: Chat live with a Tarot reader now and get 50% off!     Top   #1
PAMUYA 
Citizen

When the Wheel of Fortune appears in your reading, change is certain to happen. If crisis is heading your way remember in every crisis lies opportunity. Every path/direction leads somewhere; make the most you can out of it. As the saying goes “Go with the flow”, fighting your way up stream will only frustrate and discourage you...

Death is a card of forced change. Destruction followed by renewal. Courage is required to adapt, move forward and grow. If you hold back these changes, death will return again. Let go of old attitudes and high expectations which are holding you back. Let Death take place so renewal can begin.

There is change headed your way...
PAMUYA is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 14-05-2009 Limited time only: Chat live with a Tarot reader now and get 50% off!     Top   #2
willowfox 
Ex-fortuneteller

Something ends and something good begins.
willowfox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-05-2009 Limited time only: Chat live with a Tarot reader now and get 50% off!     Top   #3
tarotlyn 
~ Follow Your ♥ Heart ♥ ~

...allowing a "dying to the old things"...so that the "new and fantastic things" can take their place
tarotlyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-05-2009 Limited time only: Chat live with a Tarot reader now and get 50% off!     Top   #4
littlestar 
Citizen

I think it may mean that the "death" of a situation is going to take place so that new beginnings can emerge into your life that will prove to be more appealing to you than the way things have been. Its a change for the better.

~From the television show The Wonder Years
littlestar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-05-2009 Limited time only: Chat live with a Tarot reader now and get 50% off!     Top   #5
balenciaga 
Citizen

"The time has arrived (Wheel) for it to end" (Death).
balenciaga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-05-2009 Limited time only: Chat live with a Tarot reader now and get 50% off!     Top   #6
Catwomyn 
Resident

Something is your life is ending but you get to spin the wheel of fortune once again for a new beginning.

In a philosophical-type reading, it could be literal death and reincarnation.
Catwomyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-05-2009 Limited time only: Chat live with a Tarot reader now and get 50% off!     Top   #7
Grizabella 
Tarot Reader/Fortune Teller

Of course the Death card is about ending/death/transformation of one thing into another. But the Wheel card could then be telling you that in spite of the ending, life goes on and nothing stays the same. I disagree, though, that it necessarily means something good is going to come about. It could just as easily mean something bad will come about. It just depends on where you or the situation already is on the Wheel---whether up or down.

We are made by magic. All of us in general are magicians. ~Andre Pierre
Grizabella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-05-2009 Limited time only: Chat live with a Tarot reader now and get 50% off!     Top   #8
tarotlyn 
~ Follow Your ♥ Heart ♥ ~

Griz...you are right...just "before" my husband had his huge stroke in Oct last
year, I kept getting the Wheel of Fortune as a result card in regards to his
health situation.

It did actually mean a "major change"... and it was a huge change and not
for the good or better either!

I now see this card as a major change in life's cycles, but a lot of readers don't agree.

Also there was one other member that posted, (can't remember who right now),
and said that it brought a major change in her mom's health and not for good either.

What goes up must come down...and what is down must go back up...
...like you said Griz, depending on where you are in your life...
tarotlyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-05-2009 Limited time only: Chat live with a Tarot reader now and get 50% off!     Top   #9
SunChariot 
Citizen

Quote:
Originally Posted by littlestar
I think it may mean that the "death" of a situation is going to take place so that new beginnings can emerge into your life that will prove to be more appealing to you than the way things have been. Its a change for the better.
That is exactly my take on it too. While the Wheel just to me means something will come to you unexpectedly, not something you expected or planned for but just sent by the universe....not specifying if it is good or bad...My personal belief about how life works is that anything that ends in life does so to make room for something better. Life does not take things away from us to replace them with something worse. So because of my life philosophy, and because the Wheel followed the Death card here, it has to be something better that is coming to fill the void of what was taken away.

Babs

"Love this world with the joy of a child, because anything else is only make believe"
(told to me in a meditation)

Last edited by SunChariot; 15-05-2009 at 12:21.
SunChariot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-05-2009 Limited time only: Chat live with a Tarot reader now and get 50% off!     Top   #10