Thoth Sizes & Editions:

Jencendiary

I lost my deck in a move (the US games edition sized like a deck of playing cards) last year, and am just now getting around to replacing it. I also lost a Victoria Regina deck, but that's a weeping for another day.

I'm trying to replace the Thoth deck, but can't find the edition I had previously online. I have found an edition in a blue box, that seems to come in three sizes. All metric. I don't do metric, so I'm referring this question to you. Out of the AG Mueller editions, which comes the closest in size to the edition I had. I don't want to go up. I have small hands.

Thanks!

gregory

Here you go.

As far as I know, both tarotgarden and tarotchest have blue box Mullers in stock - and their sizes are as they always were. They do match the USG ones in size. The purple box USG was between the two Muller sizes, so I dunno about that.... but I think I have a Muller in that size as well as the large and the pocket.

gregory

PS

There is a brand new "smallish" one for sale here.

"It says on the back of the box that the card dimensions are 2 7/8 " x 4 3/8"."

Jencendiary

Thanks for the info!

If you don't mind - I don't have access to the swaps forum yet, would you have the seller PM me?

Briar Rose

I am not familiar with any Thoth decks, however, a thrift shop near me has 2 or 3 copies, of which ones I am not sure. Is this something I should pick up? Are they important decks?

MoonGypsy

BR, you have a PM!!!! :D
Love.
MG:love:

Manda

I would pick them up, Briar Rose, if for no other reason than they are good trader fodder for a good price. It is unlikely to be reprinted by the same publishers, so you could get yourself some collector's items, as well. I am also of the opinion that every collection benefits from having a Thoth, and I think most people at some point have at least some interest in it as part of their tarot journey.

gregory

Also they trim WONDERFULLY - but I wouldn't have wanted to do it if I hadn't done it on a duplicate.... You can see the projective geometry.

Shalyn

I've PM'd you also.

I've been wanting a Thoth deck since I started getting back "into" Tarot! But if you don't want to do this, that is fine also.

Briar Rose

We're all here to learn and I believe I am on an honest, spiritual path.

I went back to that thrift shop today and the decks were there.

I bought them for $5.99 each.

Both boxes are the same, and in pretty pristine condition for their age (21 years old). And both decks are sealed, and I am going to keep them that way. Both come with a little white book (and it's tight). So I am guessing I am the first one to open these books (a little ).

The deck(s) measure 4 and 5/16ths long (I had to look up how to read a ruler!) and 2 and 7/8ths wide. Okay, to me a regular sized tarot deck!

http://www.onlineconversion.com/faq_05.htm

This link is how to read a ruler.

The flaps read in red ink;

ALEISTER CROWLEY
THOTH TAROT DECK
Published and Distributed by
U.S. GAMES SYSTEMS, INC., Stamford, Ct 06902 USA
and
AGMULLER & CIE, Switzerland

the front as you can see says the deck includes three denditions of
The Magus/Magician Cards

The book inside reads;

Copyright 1978, 1983, 1987 by Stuart R. Kaplan
and Donald Weiser

I am not a collector, but my intuition is telling me to hold onto these decks.

I already HAD the purple (plastic) box set with big book form the 80's. Please don't ask me what I did to it! :bugeyed:

So now, this is coming in my direction again!! And it's 2 fold this time. I have no idea why because I am not a fan of Thoth. Although at the time my metaphysican told me that it was an important gift set and to hold onto it. Youth I was and an idiot. The Fool for sure (at the time).

I also got another deck there too; the Aquarian Tarot sealed box and the back reads 1970. But that's another thread. I am wondering if those backs are not the Purple swirls? Hmmm.....

Okay, so now what? The big question; how much are these worth?
And what would you do with them if you were me?

:heart:

Attachments

• Toth deck.pic1.jpg
    Toth deck.pic1.jpg
    96.3 KB · Views: 625
  • Thoth deck.pic.2.jpg
    Thoth deck.pic.2.jpg
    93.2 KB · Views: 521