5 of Cups and someone's feelings for me

Elly Magritte

Okay, getting the 5 of Cups for this, I'm not entirely certain what it's trying to represent - I'm thinking that it suggests evoking strong emotions - possibly those that produce a strong physical response and a feeling of despondence?

LovelyMissAries

....the 5 of Cups as someone's feelings for you isn't the BEST card you could get lol, but it does suggest they miss you, or are "grieving" in some way over you. They could also be disappointed in you for some reason.

Elly Magritte

Starlight09 said:
....the 5 of Cups as someone's feelings for you isn't the BEST card you could get lol.

Yeah, it actually made me laugh, my cards weren't looking to rub my ego :D

but it does suggest they miss you, or are "grieving" in some way over you. They could also be disappointed in you for some reason.

Hmmm, interesting. Perhaps I didn't live up to their expectations.

Thirteen

It's not as bad as you think. 5/Cups is often someone's feeling that they made a mistake and wish they could fix it. So it might be that they only realize now how much they cared about you, or should have asked you out, or should have married you come to that. And they're sorry they broke things off instead. Or were mean to you, or dismissive, or thoughtless.

But as the remaining cups show, they also aren't looking at the bright side--like maybe they can still have you if they know how to show you the right feelings rather than all this remorse.

Their feelings for you are feelings of regret.

WalesWoman

Maybe they feel like they messed things up and feel bad about it, but it also seems like they don't want to look at the mess or what's left either. There is some sort of regret.

Oh gee, I thought I had hit the send button and hadn't, and see Thirteen said the same thing. I like when that happens. :D

Elly Magritte

Those ideas are possibilities, Thirteen and Waleswoman, I didn't think of those! My initial thought was that the thought of me to this person is enough to make them cry :p

Grizabella

Is it possible that you've shared with this person about your past relationship failures or troubles? If so, then maybe when they think of you, they remember that about you.

Elly Magritte

Grizabella said:
Is it possible that you've shared with this person about your past relationship failures or troubles? If so, then maybe when they think of you, they remember that about you.

I haven't, no. We haven't really spoken much on anything, we're mainly just acquaintances. Perhaps they're reminded of their own failures and troubles when they see me?

Grizabella

Yes, maybe you remind them of someone they broke up with in the past or something like that.

Psy

I dont know what you guys use as reference, but i have another sort of view. But first, a disclaimer:
I assume we're all agreeing on the fact that tarot is like a machine that works on SUBJECTIVITY, arent we? And thus, personal view is the only thing we can give, is this right?

Then, another quick disclaimer:
I THINK that meaning should be given by *you* and nobody else. It's ok to say "hey, i need ideas to read 5, or cups, or 5 of cups, because i'm not getting anything from it". It's not -in my view- ok to say "hey, read this for me, will ya ;D?". Now, you clearly are stating that you already read it for yourself, and thus you're looking for opinions, so, one of the things i'll say is that if that's what you feel, then THAT'S WHAT IT IS :).

Finally, the actual reply:
I read 5 as "change intended to move towards something hidden", and cups as "intelligence, emotions, feelings, senses".
So, a 5 of cups for somebody's feelings would be something along the lines of "he's starting to see or percieve something from you that he has never seen before, and this is charming him, and making him want to discover that new, fresh thing".
It'd be something like he's seeing you in a new way, and he's loving it :p.

:)

John