5 of Cups and someone's feelings for me

Elly Magritte

Psy said:
I dont know what you guys use as reference, but i have another sort of view. But first, a disclaimer:
I assume we're all agreeing on the fact that tarot is like a machine that works on SUBJECTIVITY, arent we? And thus, personal view is the only thing we can give, is this right?

Then, another quick disclaimer:
I THINK that meaning should be given by *you* and nobody else. It's ok to say "hey, i need ideas to read 5, or cups, or 5 of cups, because i'm not getting anything from it". It's not -in my view- ok to say "hey, read this for me, will ya ;D?". Now, you clearly are stating that you already read it for yourself, and thus you're looking for opinions, so, one of the things i'll say is that if that's what you feel, then THAT'S WHAT IT IS :).

Finally, the actual reply:
I read 5 as "change intended to move towards something hidden", and cups as "intelligence, emotions, feelings, senses".
So, a 5 of cups for somebody's feelings would be something along the lines of "he's starting to see or percieve something from you that he has never seen before, and this is charming him, and making him want to discover that new, fresh thing".
It'd be something like he's seeing you in a new way, and he's loving it :p.

:)

John

Thanks for your opinion! I did read it for myself, however, I usually read intuitively, and I had to initially reach for the book on this occasion, because I wasn't happy with it, but I find discussing it with others allows me to find deeper layers within. Okay, so they may not all be relevant, but it lets me think more on what 'lies beneath', so to speak.

The 5 of Cups to me seems to have few positive virtues, hence why I was confused, but your opinion seems to be quite positive! Is it your view that the move towards something hidden is not something taken lightly, hence the 5 of Cups?

Grizabella

I think Psy reads a Marseilles deck, so that's why the reading is different. The rest of us are speaking of RWS and clones, I think.

Elly Magritte

Grizabella said:
I think Psy reads a Marseilles deck, so that's why the reading is different. The rest of us are speaking of RWS and clones, I think.

Ahhhh, that makes more sense. I was using the Gilded :)

Psy

Indeed, i was using Marseille. So..., no picture for me to give me ideas, just pure old fashioned brainstorm from quite plain symbols such as a number and a suit xP!
I never understood why people saw 5s so dramatically :p! It MUST be because of RWS... Anyway, i see 5s as a new way to see things, that YES, confuse as a lot as it takes us out from our known reality, but it's for the best i think!
The other day i was telling one of my friends this: "Happines is SO overrated... In my scale of *wanted* things, AWARENESS is in the top, not happiness".
That's what i think: 5s indicate -for me- "being able to see much more than whats usual, thus confusing you, but opening the paths to a bigger more important picture". So, yes, endure the confusing bits of it, but enjoy this new adventure lying on your way :D!

Hope it helps in anyway :)!

John

velvet

I have gotten that card before as someone having the five of cups as feelings. From my point of view, I see it as someone who probably made some kind of mistake or didn't do what they where supposed to do and so now they kind of regret that didn't take the right action or didn't take advantage of the situation. So they now know, even thought they have to move on. The person takes that lesson with them, so when the right time comes they're able to use it in another circumstance.

ROmina

Okay, getting the 5 of Cups for this, I'm not entirely certain what it's trying to represent - I'm thinking that it suggests evoking strong emotions - possibly those that produce a strong physical response and a feeling of despondence?

or maybe they don't have feelings for you, they are stuck in the past having feelings for an ex

wilde11

Perhaps how they feel about you would be disappointing.