The World personality?

DreamerGirl81

When I ask cards how does a co-worker/friend (of the opposite sex) see me, I keep getting The World in my readings over and over again.

Not sure how to interpret this. To me the World means someone accomplished and well traveled. I am young and at the beginning of my career. Another thought is he thinks "the world" of me.

How would you interpret The World in this context?

Siri

What do you feel when you pull the card?

DreamerGirl81

Siri said:
What do you feel when you pull the card?

I like this card. In the deviant moon deck (the one I am using) there is a beautiful naked siren/woman in the centre of the card. It sort of made me think that he sees me as the perfect but maybe unattainable woman. But I tend to get biased when I do my own readings so that's why I would like some opinions.

LovelyMissAries

He thinks "The World" of you.

I've heard The World card comes up for someone particularly attractive, but unattainable or one who 'has it altogether'. It's a really positive card to get actually.

Siri

I tend to read intuitively, so go with your gut instinct on this one. Trust what you get.

nisaba

They might see you as a "whole" person, emotionally undamaged, perhaps, or accomplished and educated.

balenciaga

worldly, knowledgeable - one with broad views, philosophically. A well-traveled person.
And I agree that is describes one who "has hit all the marks".

Glass Owl

DreamerGirl81 said:
It sort of made me think that he sees me as the perfect but maybe unattainable woman.
I have this card come up in relationship readings and I too saw the card in a similar context.

The boy is awe of the World woman and thinks she has many admirable qualities. In his eyes, she is the most beautiful girl in the world. (It may not be just be her physical beauty that draws him in either... it may be how she smiles at him or that he has grown to love her zany laugh.)

The boy thinks she is one in a million and when he sees or thinks of her, everything else pales in comparision. She is his ideal, his vision of perfection. If World woman were to be "his girl," the boy would give her the world.

And yet the boy doesn't (or believes he doesn't) have a snowball's chance of having her -- so he admires her from afar.

The boy believes (whether it's actually true or not) that the girl is out of his reach, untouchable, unattainable for some reason or another. There is a wall that can't be climbed, a line that can't be crossed, too much space between them.

The boy may think the World woman is too pretty, too young for him or that he is isn't up to her standards. She may be his little brother's wife. She may walk in completely different social circles that he does. He may simply be too shy to approach such a striking woman... or not ready to get involved with anyone. Or perhaps at one point he tried to pursue her and was rejected.

Theme Song (for this card in this context): "You're Beautiful" by James Blunt

Check out the movies "Notting Hill," "American Beauty" (Lester's desire for Angela) and "Love, Actually" (the characters Peter, Juliet, and Mark)

"To me you are perfect."

Book character: From the Harry Potter series
This type of love drives one character in the Harry Potter series to do some incredible, heroic acts. (Don't want to say more for those of you who may not have read the series.)

Biba28

Glass Owl said:
I have this card come up in relationship readings and I too saw the card in a similar context.

The boy is awe of the World woman and thinks she has many admirable qualities. In his eyes, she is the most beautiful girl in the world. (It may not be just be her physical beauty that draws him in either... it may be how she smiles at him or that he has grown to love her zany laugh.)

The boy thinks she is one in a million and when he sees or thinks of her, everything else pales in comparision. She is his ideal, his vision of perfection. If World woman were to be "his girl," the boy would give her the world.

And yet the boy doesn't (or believes he doesn't) have a snowball's chance of having her -- so he admires her from afar.

The boy believes (whether it's actually true or not) that the girl is out of his reach, untouchable, unattainable for some reason or another. There is a wall that can't be climbed, a line that can't be crossed, too much space between them.

The boy may think the World woman is too pretty, too young for him or that he is isn't up to her standards. She may be his little brother's wife. She may walk in completely different social circles that he does. He may simply be too shy to approach such a striking woman... or not ready to get involved with anyone. Or perhaps at one point he tried to pursue her and was rejected.

Theme Song (for this card in this context): "You're Beautiful" by James Blunt

Check out the movies "Notting Hill," "American Beauty" (Lester's desire for Angela) and "Love, Actually" (the characters Peter, Juliet, and Mark)

"To me you are perfect."

Book character: From the Harry Potter series
This type of love drives one character in the Harry Potter series to do some incredible, heroic acts. (Don't want to say more for those of you who may not have read the series.)

Totally agree with the James Blunt reference. Also very interesting what you say about her being unobtainable. I got this card regarding how a guy felt about me, and I interpreted it as you have ("think the world of you" etc). I think he also felt it would have been crossing a line to have told me this or acted on it, however.

EyeAmEye

I am in agreement with the "feels the world about you" style of interpretation.

Being unattainable is something I've never really thought of before. Very interesting take to say the least.