amethyst and sleeping

gorgeousbutterfly

well everybody knows its good for insomnia right? anyway so i have a amethyst point that i cleansed and charged well (i think) i put it under my pillow and i couldn't fall asleep even though i took a sleeping pill and all. so i decided maybe its the crystal, so i put away and i fell asleep righhhhhht away. what does this mean? do i have a bad crystal? (i hope not since i can really feel its energy) or am i just too sensitive?

cheekyminx

Sometimes amethyst can be too strong a crystal to sleep with...its my favourite, I'm always decked out in amethyst but I won't sleep with it ;)

There are other crystals you can try instead....howlite for example

Miss Divine

I cannot sleep with an amethyst either. I even had to remove it from my bedroom.

afrosaxon

Amethysts are very powerful! They're more for stimulating the sixth and seventh chakras rather than calming them.

Removing it while you sleep is a good idea if your system is easily stimulated.

T.

gorgeousbutterfly

hmm, why does it say in some books that it helps with sleep then? i hate misinfo especially if they say they are crystal experts.

HarmonyWind

Amethyst

It tends to calm me down if I put amethyst on the night stand next to the bed while I sleep. I guess we each just respond differently to it.

brightbrook

I'm wondering how exactly did you charge it? Did you specifically ask or tell it you wanted it to help you sleep? If you were not specific, it would do what it was best suited for, or what came more naturally to it.

Like afrosaxon said, amethyst is used to stimulate the 6th and 7th chakras, but I think that if your poor sleep was due to over activity in these areas, you could try asking the stone to calm and soothe them. I use amethyst primarily for psychic protection, even though it is typically used to OPEN the psychic pathways.

I think amethyst works like lavender (the herb), which is both a stimulant and a sedative depending on the amount you take and how you take it.

blessings, and keep working with that stone! I bet it is perfect for you, just not in the way you expected.