Pierpont Morgan Visconti Sforza Printed in China?

Dusk Till Dawn

I just received the Visconti Sforza bvy US Games. I haven't opened it yet, I hate the Box, and I am not sure if I like the Cardstock. I thought I would get the Printed in Belgium Edition in the Black Box. I got an edition which is printed in China in 2007, the Box is sturdier looking and has the Magician on the entire Front, the rest of the Box is green. I was wondering, before I open it, if there is a Major difference between those 2, or if the version I have is just as good in Quality. I am wondering if the Price I paid for it on Amazon was justified or not. It was 40 Euros.
If I posted this in the wrong section, Moderators, please move this thread.

Dusk Till Dawn

Was just wondering if someone else has a Printed in China one..

Abrac

I don't have the one printed in China but now I'm curious too. If you don't mind, what is the ISBN on yours? I would like to do more research. Mine's printed in Switzerland and the ISBN is 0913866067.

Le Fanu

First things first; don't panic! Printed in China decks can be good. Look at the Golden tarot and the Quantum...

Ive never heard of the Visconti in a green box. My (U.S Games) version is in a black box with a window...

Abrac

The box sounds somewhat similar to the latest edition of the Golden Dawn Tarot - also printed in China - which has The Hierophant on the front but the rest of it is a sort of gray color.

I think a new edition of the Pierpont-Morgan Visconti made in China might be pretty nice, but you never know.

If you got it from Amazon and it's different from what was advertised you should be able to return it for a complete refund, even if it's been opened, but I would check with them on that just to be sure. If you do end up opening it, drop back in and let us know what it's like. ;)

Dusk Till Dawn

Abrac said:
I don't have the one printed in China but now I'm curious too. If you don't mind, what is the ISBN on yours? I would like to do more research. Mine's printed in Switzerland and the ISBN is 0913866067.

I have the same ISBN Number as you do. I opened the box. I love the cardstock. I like it better than the Cardstock on the Cary Yale. The overall Quality is actually much better. I am glad I opened it, and didn't send it back.
I wish the Cary Yale had the same quality as this one.

Abrac

Sounds excellent Seeker, thanks for that. You mentioned the card stock, how is it different from your Cary Yale? I hate to be a nuisance, but how possible do you think it would be to post a couple of pictures. If not that's cool.

I sent US Games an email to find out if they have them through their Website. I might be interested in trying to find one of these too. I'll update if I hear back from them.

Dusk Till Dawn

Unfortunately I can't post pictures, since I am not a subscriber.
The Cards are thicker, and are not as thin and shiny. They have a nice sturdy feel to them.Like you can actually shuffle them. The Cary Yale is thinner, and slicker. The Box is not comparable to the Yale, since I can't putthe Yale back together anymore. I am not good in Origami. LOL.

nisaba

Seeker*13* said:
The Box is not comparable to the Yale, since I can't putthe Yale back together anymore. I am not good in Origami. LOL.
<grin> I use giant elastic bands. Lots of them.

Abrac

Seeker, I'm glad you like them after taking a chance and opening them up. They sound like a return to the 1970s style that was available before the AG Müller ones. Are the backs the plain brick red color?