Aeclectic Tarot
Dedicated to the diversity and beauty of Tarot since 1996

· Tarot Decks   · Tarot Meanings   · Tarot Forum   · Home

Tarot Gallery Tarot Card Meanings Free Tarot Readings Tarot Books Community What's New

Aeclectic Tarot Forum > Tarot > Using Tarot Cards

Welcome to the Aeclectic Tarot Forum!

We are the oldest and largest Tarot forum community on the Internet. If you have any questions about any aspect of Tarot or using your cards, or you just want to connect with other Tarot enthusiasts, you've found the right place!

Registering your account is completely free, and allows you to post, share readings, search, view extra boards and more.

Hope to see you in the forum soon!

LovelyMissAries 
Citizen

King of Pentacles & Knight of Cups

I did the age old "How does he feel about me" and I drew the King of Pentacles.....twice, with a shadow of Knight of Cups. I know one would look at that and probably go "Oh, that's really good." except I see the King of Pentacles as the businessman and not necessarily romantic, and the Knight of Cups represents unconditional love as well, which is hard to derive romantic feelings out of you know?

So my question is, is the King of Pentacles a positive card to draw for this? Or does it say he sees me as a business partner (or has the same feelings towards me as he would a business partner) and what type of love do you feel the Knight of Cups represents?

Last edited by LovelyMissAries; 23-06-2009 at 04:12.
LovelyMissAries is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-06-2009 Limited time only: Chat live with a Tarot reader now and get 50% off!     Top   #1
Thirteen 
The Thirteenth Moon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starlight09
So my question is, is the King of Pentacles a positive card to draw for this? Or does it say he sees me as a business partner (or has the same feelings towards me as he would a business partner) and what type of love do you feel the Knight of Cups represents?
Remember the question. The question wasn't what kind of man he is (business man), it's how he feels about you. And right now, he feels that you're something of a commodity. He likes what he sees, he sees potential in it, riches, a worthy investment.

Underneath there is the potential for love.

Now, is this good/bad. Well, that depends on what you want. If you want passion, then it's bad. As he's not passionate, not burning up for you unable to keep his hands off you. If you want romance--roses and poetry--then it's bad. As he's keeping that under wraps for now and being practical; he's not giving into his potential romantic feelings and inclinations. If you want someone who takes you seriously and is thinking long-term and how to make a relationship pay off...Bingo! You've got it in spades.
Thirteen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-06-2009 Limited time only: Chat live with a Tarot reader now and get 50% off!     Top   #2
rwcarter 
student of tarot

Pentacles aren't only about money. They're also about the body and about foundation. So the KP could show that his feelings for you have a strong foundation or that his feelings bring him the emotional equivalent of the wealth that is associated with pentacles. His feelings are deep, abiding and grounded.

As for the KnC, are you saying you want someone who is romantically demonstrative (flowers, candy, wining and dining, etc.) whether or not he truly loves you instead of someone who loves you deeply but may not be demonstrative in that love? Cause I think the KnC will do the demonstrative part and make you feel like a Queen while he's doing it. He loves every woman he's with when he's with them. But as with most of the Knights, I think his attention span is rather short, so he'd be likely to have a wandering eye.

Given a choice between the two, I'd take the KP over the KnC any day for a long term relationship.

Rodney

Old 23-06-2009 Limited time only: Chat live with a Tarot reader now and get 50% off!     Top   #3
Grizabella 
Tarot Reader/Fortune Teller

Well, King of Pentacles isn't a very romantic card to get in the popular sense of the word, I don't think. But the King of Pentacles would be someone very down-to-earth, very watchful of money---not a spendthrift---and wouldn't be an altogether bad life partner. She'd be a sexy person in a very down-to-earth, matter-of-fact way, too, if that makes any sense to you. Maybe a hippie type woman. Somebody who wasn't real high maintenance, who could shell out the babies without a problem---has a home birth, uses a midwife, does the water birth, refuses medication for the pain, that sort of thing. And remember, I said not sexy "in the popular sense of the word". To the right guy, you'd be a hot little bombshell if that's what they're looking for in a woman.

Maybe you're sitting there thinking, "Egads! That's certainly not me!" but we're talking about what HE thinks of you. He may think you're those things, or he may think that with "the right guy" (meaning him, maybe), you'd be like that.

Grizabella's Grand Old RV and Tea House

To book a reading visit my page at:

Granny Grizabella's Grand Old RV and Tea House

Last edited by Grizabella; 23-06-2009 at 05:18.
Grizabella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-06-2009 Limited time only: Chat live with a Tarot reader now and get 50% off!     Top   #4
LovelyMissAries 
Citizen

Quote:
Originally Posted by rwcarter
As for the KnC, are you saying you want someone who is romantically demonstrative (flowers, candy, wining and dining, etc.) whether or not he truly loves you instead of someone who loves you deeply but may not be demonstrative in that love?
No, I was saying that if the Knight of Cups represents unconditional love, then that love goes around for everybody therefore it's a more general feeling rather than an exclusive feeling he has solely for me. But I'm not saying that having unconditional love for people a bad thing, of course not!
Old 23-06-2009 Limited time only: Chat live with a Tarot reader now and get 50% off!     Top   #5
Thirteen 
The Thirteenth Moon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starlight09
No, I was saying that if the Knight of Cups represents unconditional love, then that love goes around for everybody therefore it's a more general feeling rather than an exclusive feeling he has solely for me.
Um, no actually. That'd be the King/Cups who has a wider range of unconditional love. He has to feel love and compassion for his family, his friends, his kingdom, as it were. The KNIGHT of Cups, however, like all knights, has a singular focus. He is after having that one great romantic love with one special person.

So this guy wants that, but remember, it's a shadow card. That means that he's not going to decide that you're the one who can give him that right away. King/Pents says that he feels he should take things slow and see if there's a pay-off to his feelings before he invests in that kind of romantic relationship with you. He's not going to waste it on anyone who's not worth it.
Thirteen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-06-2009 Limited time only: Chat live with a Tarot reader now and get 50% off!     Top   #6
LovelyMissAries 
Citizen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thirteen
Um, no actually. That'd be the King/Cups who has a wider range of unconditional love. He has to feel love and compassion for his family, his friends, his kingdom, as it were. The KNIGHT of Cups, however, like all knights, has a singular focus. He is after having that one great romantic love with one special person.

So this guy wants that, but remember, it's a shadow card. That means that he's not going to decide that you're the one who can give him that right away. King/Pents says that he feels he should take things slow and see if there's a pay-off to his feelings before he invests in that kind of romantic relationship with you. He's not going to waste it on anyone who's not worth it.

Ah! Yes. He does take things slow, we just talked about that briefly last night actually. Gahl, I've been having too many "blonde" moments today. And thank you for the clarification on the Knight and King of Cups, I was told the latter from another member and never bothered to question their sources etc.

Thank you Thirteen, and thank you to Griz and Rodney!
Old 23-06-2009 Limited time only: Chat live with a Tarot reader now and get 50% off!     Top   #7
Go ad-free and support us too - upgrade to subscriber today