Aeclectic Tarot
Dedicated to the diversity and beauty of Tarot since 1996

· Tarot Decks   · Tarot Meanings   · Tarot Forum   · Home

Tarot Decks Tarot Card Meanings Free Tarot Readings Forum Community What's New

Aeclectic Tarot Forum > Tarot > Using Tarot Cards

Welcome to the Aeclectic Tarot Forum!

We are the oldest and largest Tarot forum community on the Internet. If you have any questions about any aspect of Tarot or using your cards, or you just want to connect with other Tarot enthusiasts, you've found the right place!

Registering your account is completely free, and allows you to post, share readings, search, view extra boards and more.

Hope to see you in the forum soon!

sab254 
Resident

a little confused: cards that predict pregnancy

im new 2 this,tarot has always been somthing i hav been very interested in and recently,when a friend got me a deck i decided 2 give it a go....my question is about cards that signify pregnancy......i have read a few different articles about cards signifing pregnancy and they all say different things.....what cards predict pregnancy in a reading?...is one card enough or do you need a combination of two or more to acurately predict it?...id b very grateful if anyone could clear this up for me thanks x
sab254 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2009 Need help fast? Chat with a live Tarot reader now!     Top   #1
astrum 
Resident

It really does depend on all the cards in the spread and the feelings you get throughout the reading. To me there are two cards that represent pregnancy, the empress and the sun which are feminine and masculine respectively. I would definitely consider there meaning to be pregnancy if there was a reinforcing card around them like the ten of cups or the star.
astrum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2009 Need help fast? Chat with a live Tarot reader now!     Top   #2
Ruthann 
Resident

I did a reading (for myself) and pulled, the question was "am I pregnant":

4 Swords, 4 Wands, Sun.

I asked on another thread what others thought it might mean, I'd already read the cards but wanted input. It was all affirmative, but unfortunately we lost the baby two days ago in a car accident.

Last edited by Ruthann; 03-07-2009 at 08:10. Reason: wrong time frame
Ruthann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2009 Need help fast? Chat with a live Tarot reader now!     Top   #3
sab254 
Resident

im very sorry 2 hear that....thank you for your help...i did a 6 month reading for a friend,for practice and the three cards (4,5 & 6)for up to one month were the empress,ace of swords rev. and the king of wands...as i hav read different opinions on it i am rather confused...once again i really am sorry 2 hear about your loss and i wish u all the best in the future x
Old 03-07-2009 Need help fast? Chat with a live Tarot reader now!     Top   #4
Ruthann 
Resident

That's ok, it just wasn't meant to be; hubby is taking it harder than I though (such a gentle giant he is).

I think with your reading, I don't see a reinforcing card like the Sun or the Star; to me the Empress means fertility, the Rev Ace of Swords means the person may not be ready for a new challenge and the King of Wands would be someone who is creative and enthusiastic either in her life or will come into her life.

I think your reading means there will be a pregnancy in the future, but not right now.
Old 03-07-2009 Need help fast? Chat with a live Tarot reader now!     Top   #5
sab254 
Resident

thats what i thought,but i wasnt sure after reading the other articles...i thought it was more of a new begining than a pregnancy...the other cards for the rest of the reading were the page of wands,the chariot and the hanged man...i just wanted 2 ask as i have read so many different opinions...thank you for your help...i hope both of you are well after the accident x
Old 03-07-2009 Need help fast? Chat with a live Tarot reader now!     Top   #6
Ruthann 
Resident

We're doing well; the other driver not so much; my dh is a cop and we got hit in front of the pd after running errands (they ran a red light and hit us almost head-on).

The Chariot to me means moving forward but at a slow pace, so again; maybe pregnancy in the future rather than right now.
Old 03-07-2009 Need help fast? Chat with a live Tarot reader now!     Top   #7
sab254 
Resident

glad to hear that apart from that you are doin ok.hopefully the other driver will b alright also.....i cant express how i much i feel for you at the loss you both suffered...my love and support goes out 2 you both and i wish you so much happiness in the future.....thank you again for your help with this...at least now i can pass on this information with a bit more conifdence....just one more quick question if you dont mind....would you be able 2 tell me the main cards and the reinforcing ones that would signify pregnangy,so i know for the future much love xx
Old 03-07-2009 Need help fast? Chat with a live Tarot reader now!     Top   #8
Ruthann 
Resident

The cards I see as signifying a possible pregnancy are:

Sun, Ace of Cups, Empress, Queen of Cups, Star, 10 Pentacles, 3 Cups, 4 Wands. I think the Sun and Star are the reinforcing cards; definitely the Sun.

I'm sure there are more but I'm very new at reading Tarot and lack much experience. Of course, it all depends on where the cards are in relation to other cards in the spread; it's all relative.

Thank you for the well-wishes, at least we'll have some "fun" trying in the very near future.
Old 04-07-2009 Need help fast? Chat with a live Tarot reader now!     Top   #9
nisaba 
Tarot-Tart

I don't find there's a hard and fast rule or card or set of cards for predicting pregnancy. Any combination you can mention, I'll bet I've had on the table for a man, or a woman well past childbearing age.

Tarot can predict periods of growth, fecundity, creativity. That could manifest in the world as artistic creativity, growth-spurts at work, or pregnancy, or even any number of other ways. I'd really mention the probability of growth and new creation, and let the client draw their own conclusions. If pregnancy is relevant, they'll come up with it themselves, even the need to guard against it.
nisaba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2009 Need help fast? Chat with a live Tarot reader now!     Top   #10