Aeclectic Tarot
Dedicated to the diversity and beauty of Tarot since 1996

· Tarot Decks   · Tarot Meanings   · Tarot Forum   · Home

Tarot Gallery Tarot Card Meanings Free Tarot Readings Tarot Books Community What's New

Aeclectic Tarot Forum > Tarot > Tarot Books & Media

Welcome to the Aeclectic Tarot Forum!

We are the oldest and largest Tarot forum community on the Internet. If you have any questions about any aspect of Tarot or using your cards, or you just want to connect with other Tarot enthusiasts, you've found the right place!

Registering your account is completely free, and allows you to post, share readings, search, view extra boards and more.

Hope to see you in the forum soon!

View Poll Results: MBTI type?
ESTP 0 0%
ESTJ 2 0.46%
ESFP 2 0.46%
ESFJ 1 0.23%
ENTP 6 1.37%
ENTJ 11 2.52%
ENFP 15 3.43%
ENFJ 13 2.97%
ISTP 9 2.06%
ISTJ 21 4.81%
ISFP 21 4.81%
ISFJ 24 5.49%
INTP 49 11.21%
INTJ 63 14.42%
INFP 87 19.91%
INFJ 113 25.86%
Voters: 437. You may not vote on this poll

Jewel 
Citizen

Quote:
Originally posted by Melvis
[B]I am an INFP, too. Isn't it interesting that, so far, this 'rare' type is leading the poll.
/B]
I am also an INFP ... guess all us 'rare' types hang together (that includes you Kiama not only the INFPs *LOL*). Wonder if it is that we are really rare or no one can find us ... think I will go ask Firemaiden's magic pen ...

Old 08-03-2003 Limited time only: Chat live with a Tarot reader now and get 50% off!     Top   #21
firemaiden 
keeper of the toaster

The invisible pen was recently found in the act of writing a computer-screen play. Though much of the invisible ink subsequently disappeared, this is what we were able to retrieve.

Firemaiden: Doctor, I just don't understand how the test is supposed to be accurate.

Doctor: Why's that, Firemaiden?

FM: Well, for example, I always come out as an introvert, because they have all these questions about parties. I hate parties.

Doctor: That surprises me about you, Firemaiden, you seem so outgoing and talkative, what's with parties?

FM: Well, I hate trying to talk over loud music, trying to breath through clouds of smoke, with too much booze, and balloons ready to pop and hurt my sensitive ears, plus pressure to kiss or not kiss people you don't know, but mainly, the raucous music from someone else's century... that I can't hear without getting angry...

Doctor: Yup, you're an introvert. Pretty bad case, I'd say....But wait, who said it had to be a party like that? What kind of party are we talking about here? Haven't you ever been to a good party?

FM: Oh yes, well, there are the chamber music parties, given my mother and her Ladies Mafia..there is hot mulled wine, and all sorts of interesting artist types, with long grey hair (both sexes) and glasses. They always have me sing for them, and I know just how to get them all laughing, we always have a great time. I am the life of the party, and never want it to end.

Mom: Yup, boy what an extrovert. And jeez, try getting her to stop talking!

FM:Then there is a little matter of whether one feels compassion for other's sufferings, or do we stand coldly by as another suffers, and say, "serves you right, Loser, HAHAHAH!"

Doctor: Okay, I guess it depends. Give me an example:

FM: Well, see, I saw a dog get run over when I was 13. It wasn't my dog. I didn't see the dog before the moment of impact. Yet seeing this, I felt as though I were the dog. I bawled and screamed as though the world were ending. It was the most painful emotional experience. Horrific. ...

Doctor: Oh gosh, what an empathic person, horrors, she even suffers for a dog she doesn't know!

FM: Hey, that's nothing, I haven't told you about the time I saw a plastic spoon get run over! I was pretty young, but probably old enough to clearly distinguish between animate an inanimate objects... yet how can I explain to you, how heartbreaking it was to see that beautiful plastic spoon smashed to pieces as it was run over by that mean car. It wasn't even a colored plastic spoon, like the special one for picnics, but a boring old white one.

Mom: Yup, she's mess all right, empathizing with a spoon! It doesn't get much worse than that!

FM: But then, there was that anonymously alchoholic guy I dated. Somebody must have told him, if you cry and sob, the girl will want to comfort you, and so you'll get good nookie. He whined and sobbed in the bathtub about his miserable life. He'd gone through the litany of woes in every step of the 12, and it was all a rehearsed soap opera by now. I couldn't wait to dump this loser...

AA-guy: Yeah, geez, never met a colder heart! And she didn't answer even one of the four-thousand eight-hundred calls I made to her after that.

FM: you see, Dr., it depends. Everything depends on context. I don't like these kind of definitions.

Doctor: Yes, well, we have a category for that kind of person...it's called...

Here the invisible ink began disappearing, and the rest was lost.

Last edited by firemaiden; 08-03-2003 at 08:28.
firemaiden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2003 Limited time only: Chat live with a Tarot reader now and get 50% off!     Top   #22
Sulis 
believer in magic

Hi,
I`m an INFJ counselor idealist.

Crystalmynx xx

'Be excellent to each other' - Bill and Ted's Excellent Adventure.

'Those who don't believe in magic will never find it' - Roald Dahl

Last edited by Sulis; 08-03-2003 at 17:25.
Sulis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2003 Limited time only: Chat live with a Tarot reader now and get 50% off!     Top   #23
Melvis 
Citizen

I have good news and bad news...

The Good News:
iVillage.com has a great little test, with much better questions than the Humanmetrics site.

The Bad News:
You can only see half of your personality type for free. For example, I could see the NF part, but not the I/E or J/P parts. But hey, for only $12.95 you can get your full results emailed to you! Grrr...

But I have to give an example of my favorite question from that test:

Quote:
You look for things:

A - in their places.
B - where you left them.
I just really liked that question!

Peace,

Melvis
Melvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2003 Limited time only: Chat live with a Tarot reader now and get 50% off!     Top   #24
Khatruman 
Citizen

Quote:
Originally posted by crystalmynx
Hi,
I`m an INFJ counsellor idealist.

Crystalmynx xx
Hello, fellow counselor... so very cool (psst, they all think we are prophets or seers or something )

Old 08-03-2003 Limited time only: Chat live with a Tarot reader now and get 50% off!     Top   #25
Macavity 
Citizen

Just keep repeating... Introversion is "the new extroversion"

Old 08-03-2003 Limited time only: Chat live with a Tarot reader now and get 50% off!     Top   #26
HOLMES 
CLARIFIER OF LIGHT

Talking hail

ah
i am an introverted
inuitive,
feeling
perciever

though when i was going to college i was inbetween
introvert
judgment
feeler,
perciever/thinker.
i watch, judge, feel and perieve based on the feeling ater the judgment . then i came to the forum eheh

now i am still introverted, but feel more inutive, and feeling which are the basis for my perciever. hmm..

i am the healer that test says.

i am abstract in thoughts, and speech, hm that could be true,
i may seem shy but on the inside i am everything but,
i present a tranquil view to the world,
i have a profound sense of idealism, and see the world as moralistic place.
i make extradinory sacfrices for what i believe in, nahh
how interesting ,, i am found in one percent of the population of the planet lol.
i see unity in my life, and lived a fanasty filled life in my childhood (that is true i miss my invisble friends,, iron man and captain america, lol )((ohh lets not forget luke, ben kenobi, and yoda))
i see myself as a ugly duckling it says. ,, that is true
it says i try my best to undiffernce believing it was bad to fanciful , i guess that could be true i was always trying to make sure i was dressed neutral,, and grey, in the corner,

lol they wonder for the rest of their lives if they are ok, they are quite ok just differnt. it is nice to know i am ok :O)

deeply commited to good and postive yet taught there is evil inside them. they can developed a obession with good and evil prfound and mundane, it says i am drawn towards purity but look for the profane, on the lookout for the wickness within me

it says when i perieve myself to do an wicked act i seek to do a self sacfrice to atone for it, (there is that word again atone)
it says i see the struggle of good and evil within me who does not feel compelled to make the issue public.

this is all paraphrased by my portrait page.

Old 08-03-2003 Limited time only: Chat live with a Tarot reader now and get 50% off!     Top   #27
jmd 
fourhares

I only wanted to post the poll... not really mediocrilly attempt to explain what may possibly be indicated. It is worth re-pointing out that the MBTI, as mentioned, merely indicates certain preferences.

When answering such questionnaires, the extreme 'N' type will have such enormous difficulties, as they will see that each answer is always possible given particular conditions; to which the extreme 'S' type will somewhat annoyingly (unless they are an extreme 'F', in which case the care for the other will mitigate the annoyance) respond 'of course it is possible, but which do you prefer?!!!!!'.

• iNtuition vs Sensing
In Jungian terminology (from which the MBTI stems), 'intuition' is used to indicate that a person is more likely to pay attention to the possibilities in any given situation, than the 'facts' which are present and focussed on by the 'sensing' preferenced person.

The Sensing-iNtuition option also indicates which Perceptive function one prefers to utilise (see below).
  • Thinking vs Feeling
These indicate the preferred decision-making function (called 'judgement' in the MBTI).

Those who prefer to use their Thinking will test the decision against known givens, Feelers against the impact upon people.
  • Perception vs Judgement
Those who tend to prefer to use their 'perceptive' function will look for new information or opportunities, those who prefer to use their 'judging' functions will opt for closure and completions.

Ps may therefore have 1001 projects on the run, J's 10 completed ones and maybe a couple more on the go.

I realise this is somewhat simplistic, and hope it helps
jmd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2003 Limited time only: Chat live with a Tarot reader now and get 50% off!     Top   #28
jema 
Citizen

INFP here too.
and most of my friends are too!
but then i guess one does tend to seek out people who are a bit like oneself.

"why play word games with concepts such as 'extra.ordinary' when we haven't even really encountered the ordinary"
jema is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2003 Limited time only: Chat live with a Tarot reader now and get 50% off!     Top   #29
Aerin 
Seeker, Patterner, Questioner, Dreamer

Quote:
Originally posted by jmd

When answering such questionnaires, the extreme 'N' type will have such enormous difficulties, as they will see that each answer is always possible given particular conditions

The way I finally got my (mostly borderline aside from the N) preferences sorted out was not by using the test at all. In a heap of frustration I did the Barnes and Noble University course 'Do what you are'. That was terribly helpful, and Joanne the tutor was really good at discussing borderline preferences and helping me sort out what was what. The exercise on 'what were you like as a child' I found especially helpful, also thinking about 'if you could do only one the rest of your life what would it be'.

There's another test as well that breaks each of the elements down into about four categories each: it is claimed that borderlines will tend to have clear secondary preferences that cancel each other out on the usual MBTI. I was going to try and track someone down to help me do this, sounded fun.

But I can highly recommend the B&N course, whether you want to change career or not it is helpful just to explore your preferences. The book was nice and cheap as well. Here's the link: http://educate.barnesandnobleunivers...productId=6300

Aerin

ps, Kiama: the P/J just tells you which of the S/N or F/T is your dominant function, that is if you look at it in in combination with the E/I. In Jung's original theory, he had S/N (gathering information) as a subset of Perceiving, and F/T (decision making) as a subset of Judging.
Aerin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2003 Limited time only: Chat live with a Tarot reader now and get 50% off!     Top   #30
Go ad-free and support us too - upgrade to subscriber today