which is right

EARTHLING

i am trying to get MY true astrological sign information.. i have read a lot of things online BUT. there are quite a few that conflict with what my sign says..

i am NOV. 4th Scorpio... i make sure that when i look this up i am in NOVEMBER and NOT October..

there have been some that have said that my birth stone is opal and some that say tourmaline...

some have said that my colors are red and maroon BUT, some say black and charcoal gray...

there have been quite a few conflicts and i am now confused...

where can i find the right one??? what should i be looking for???

Nevada

I pay a lot of attention to astrology, but I've never paid much heed to what people have set forth as birth stones and birth colors. I'd say go with what you like.

Astrology is more than Sun sign alone. If you read some of the threads in the forum, you'll start to get an idea of what's available here along those lines.

Nevada

Your wand sounds great, but I still think you're unlikely to get the information you're looking for here in the Astrology forum. I'm an October Sun in Libra, and I've seen my birthstone listed in various places as Opal, sapphire, peridot, and various other stones. I don't like opals, so I wouldn't want one on a wand. I think for the others I'd look at what the particular gem means to me esthetically, as well as its attributes in crystal lore (which you'll find more of in the Crystals & Herbs forum), and what I can afford. But I really don't see how astrology will help you with that.

Maybe I'm wrong, and maybe someone here who knows more than I do about astrology and its relevance to birth stones will answer. Like Similia I envy your wood working ability. Best of luck. :)

Minderwiz

The Astrological rulership of crystals and stones is a real mess. Assigning rulerships to signs is a 'recent' development, being something that was quite rare before the last century. A more traditional view is to assign rulership to planets - 'rulership' here being affinity, that is stones and crystals have some characteristics of a particular planet. Indeed some stones may have the characteristics of more than one planet, and so even traditional astrologers could not fully agree.

As Nevada points out there is much more to Astrology than Sun Signs, so I'll make some suggestions for the way in which you MIGHT go about your quest. I think the final choice must be one that you FEEL is right for you, not just because there's some Astrological correspondence involved. These suggestions are by no means all inclusive, so you might very well develop one or more of them or even find something different that attracts you.

Method 1.

Identify your three key signs, and therefore the sign rulers. Key signs are Ascendant, Moon Sign and Sun Sign. You know your Sun Sign. It's ruler is Mars, so you would be looking there for a stone ruled by Mars. However, you might feel for your purposes the Moon is more important and so you could use your Moon ruler. For the Ascendant and Moon Sign you will need to make use of an online Chart facility such as

http://www.astro.com/

Look for the planetary rulers of the Ascendant and Moon and then look for stones that they rule.

Method 2

This requires a little more information but you might take the planetary ruler of your hour of birth. This is not easy unless you have appropriate software but the starting point is quite easy. If you were born after Sunrise, you could use the planetary ruler for the day - e.g. For Friday use Venus. If you were born before Sunrise, then take the planetary ruler for the previous day - using the same example if you were born before sunrise on a Friday you could take the planetary ruler for Thursday - Jupiter. If you have access to the necessary software you could fine tune this to the hour ruler, or simply post here and I or others can tell you.

Method 3.

Look for the planetary ruler of your chart. Now there's no unique method for finding this but in a sense that doesn't matter, what you are looking for is a planet and stone that works for you. Again we can perhaps suggest strong possibilities here.

Method 4

This requires even more knowledge, but again I can give you an answer - work out your temperament and choose a stone that reflects this.

Now those 4 methods are by no means exclusive but the purpose is to get you to think of what aspect of 'YOU' do you want the stones to be attuned to.

These methods may not work well if you are a 'New Age' disciple, as they do not allow for 'modern' planetary rulers, Uranus, Neptune and Pluto and they don't allow for the translation of rulerships from planets to signs - though if you look closely you will find that the planetary rulerships are still there. Also the planetary rulerships reflect the knowledge of stones in the classical and medieval world. Stones and crystals of more modern usage will not be in the lists. That's not a problem if your intention is to be traditional. It is a problem if you are trying to be 'New Age'.

Remember the final choice must be yours, from stones that you feel an affinity with but if you want to reflect the Astrological 'you' then the above methods might well help. They will also give you food for thought and perhaps the 'quest' may help you 'crystalise' your needs.

As I hope you will realise there is NO right answer in an objective sense, not least because there are only seven traditional planetary rulers (and only10 if you take modern rulerships), so each planet must rule several stones and crystals; but there IS a right answer for you in terms of the affinity you feel.

EARTHLING

Minderwiz said:
The Astrological rulership of crystals and stones is a real mess. Assigning rulerships to signs is a 'recent' development, being something that was quite rare before the last century. A more traditional view is to assign rulership to planets - 'rulership' here being affinity, that is stones and crystals have some characteristics of a particular planet. Indeed some stones may have the characteristics of more than one planet, and so even traditional astrologers could not fully agree.

As Nevada points out there is much more to Astrology than Sun Signs, so I'll make some suggestions for the way in which you MIGHT go about your quest. I think the final choice must be one that you FEEL is right for you, not just because there's some Astrological correspondence involved. These suggestions are by no means all inclusive, so you might very well develop one or more of them or even find something different that attracts you.

Method 1.

Identify your three key signs, and therefore the sign rulers. Key signs are Ascendant, Moon Sign and Sun Sign. You know your Sun Sign. It's ruler is Mars, so you would be looking there for a stone ruled by Mars. However, you might feel for your purposes the Moon is more important and so you could use your Moon ruler. For the Ascendant and Moon Sign you will need to make use of an online Chart facility such as

http://www.astro.com/

Look for the planetary rulers of the Ascendant and Moon and then look for stones that they rule.

Method 2

This requires a little more information but you might take the planetary ruler of your hour of birth. This is not easy unless you have appropriate software but the starting point is quite easy. If you were born after Sunrise, you could use the planetary ruler for the day - e.g. For Friday use Venus. If you were born before Sunrise, then take the planetary ruler for the previous day - using the same example if you were born before sunrise on a Friday you could take the planetary ruler for Thursday - Jupiter. If you have access to the necessary software you could fine tune this to the hour ruler, or simply post here and I or others can tell you.

Method 3.

Look for the planetary ruler of your chart. Now there's no unique method for finding this but in a sense that doesn't matter, what you are looking for is a planet and stone that works for you. Again we can perhaps suggest strong possibilities here.

Method 4

This requires even more knowledge, but again I can give you an answer - work out your temperament and choose a stone that reflects this.

Now those 4 methods are by no means exclusive but the purpose is to get you to think of what aspect of 'YOU' do you want the stones to be attuned to.

These methods may not work well if you are a 'New Age' disciple, as they do not allow for 'modern' planetary rulers, Uranus, Neptune and Pluto and they don't allow for the translation of rulerships from planets to signs - though if you look closely you will find that the planetary rulerships are still there. Also the planetary rulerships reflect the knowledge of stones in the classical and medieval world. Stones and crystals of more modern usage will not be in the lists. That's not a problem if your intention is to be traditional. It is a problem if you are trying to be 'New Age'.

Remember the final choice must be yours, from stones that you feel an affinity with but if you want to reflect the Astrological 'you' then the above methods might well help. They will also give you food for thought and perhaps the 'quest' may help you 'crystalise' your needs.

As I hope you will realise there is NO right answer in an objective sense, not least because there are only seven traditional planetary rulers (and only10 if you take modern rulerships), so each planet must rule several stones and crystals; but there IS a right answer for you in terms of the affinity you feel.

youre absolutely right...... i have been researching other aspects of this for what i feel is what i want and i have now figured out how to do this based on reasoning of what i want my wand to do and to perform like...

i have now selected the crystals and gems to be placed and hope to get started on it in the next week or so.....

thanks for all the input

Minderwiz

Thanks for the update. I'd be interested in your final choices so please either post a further response when you are ready or just drop me a pm

Good luck with the wand.

EARTHLING

FINALLY... have all my stones and gems for my wand picked out

i will be using quartz, labradorite, turquoise, emerald, amethyst, amber and apophyllite..

i wont say how i am going to place them... everyone have to wait and see as i put pics on here

then i will tell why they are placed in the positions that i chose...

Minderwiz

Thanks for the update.

Kibeth

Yup yup! I look forward to seeing it!!! :D