Oracle Ge' Study Group

Bernice

Hello people,

Welcome to the Study Group for the Oracle Ge'. As there seem to be very few posts on this deck, we're hoping to address it here.

I suppose we could start with 'Card 1-Sun', but many of these images are so obvious that they might be better studied in combinations.

But there are a few other cards with meanings that don't quite 'sit-down' with me - at the moment. Very similar meanings.... Any insight or ideas would be welcome. I'm keeping to upright cards initially. Here they are;

8) SPIDER: I would have thought that if it's moving towards the Sun it would be seen = something recognized. Like the "thin end of the wedge" or "trouble on the horizon".

32) SNAKE: Looks deadly to me! Maybe a "fatal fascination", if on the receiving end. If giving it out, "focussed enmity".

57) LYNX: (I happen to like cats). "Independance" I can go along with this, and maybe "unfaithfulness"........ a Law unto him/herself.
But 'treason' seems to belong with the meaning given for the BAT (59).

Having a problem with the BAT as well. I would have thought; Secrets, Hidden activities, Whispers - undercurrent gossip.

~~~~~~~

Bee :)

Priestess

Oracle study

Hi Bernice
When I came up with the idea to start a study thread on this Oracle Bernice I spoke to Sam at the same time I spoke to you Sam seems to have deeply studied Oracle decks . I thought therefore they would be a great person to run this study group. Sam seems to have a major grasp and deep understanding on this type of Oracle. What do you think?

We also need more people as well before going on I feel. Don't you?
Maybe we should wait to see how many people are interested and then take it from there in a more organised way, maybe one or two cards at a time Bernice, with everyone who joins the thread's opinions on them too. 61 cards is a lot to cram. If it's more organised it will be easier for people to look up in the future on here too.

I'd like to include a bit of people's intuition as well, what they see what it says to them etc? We'll probably have to wait for people who's decks are on the way too. Well maybe???

It just seems a bit disorganised and muddled trying to do too many cards at once in one post, with LWB meanings and the French to English translations from that site I gave you the thread for. I think I would rather wait until more join ( I have PMd Sammy and they will be here soon) too, probably today. I had suggested to Sammy that it would be good if they run the thread because of the amount of knowledge they have on this subject but didn't realise you had started it. Well no doubt we will get organised. I will keep watching!!! I want to have a right good look at these, shuffle them, get used to them and see what they say to me...... which has been a lot so far...lol.

Bernice

Hi Tess,

Yes, sammy is familiar with the Lenormand cards - a very similar oracle.

If you're really interested in reading with this type of deck, browse the Lenormand threads. Especially Sylvies Workbook. Her method of handling the oracle cards with just the image (no written title, keyword etc.) is a pretty good foundation, although there are other well recommended methods.

Sammy attended the workshop, and there were also other regulars, who I hope will join in.

Take it away Sammy!

sammyofnyc

Bernice said:
Hi Tess,

Yes, sammy is familiar with the Lenormand cards - a very similar oracle.

If you're really interested in reading with this type of deck, browse the Lenormand threads. Especially Sylvies Workbook. Her method of handling the oracle cards with just the image (no written title, keyword etc.) is a pretty good foundation, although there are other well recommended methods.

Sammy attended the workshop, and there were also other regulars, who I hope will join in.

Take it away Sammy!

Hello Bernice,

I am a little familiar with the Lenormand but I am by no means proficient. In fact, I am still in the learning phase but I have really applied a lot of effort to learn the cards, all the meanings and attributes as well as the spreads.

As I posted in other places before, I like the Lenormand and the wonderful history behind (the fact that Madame Lenormand was a fortune teller to Bonaparte) is what got me very curious and really into learning the Lenormand.

However, I feel that in order to use the Lenormand cards to its fullest power/capability you really have to memorize a lot--a laundry list--of attributes and apply it correctly to the appropriate card otherwise the reading will be way off. In addition, without knowing all the attributes, you won't be able to answer specific questions that a querent might have regarding, people, places, things, & time. Believe me, this is really a challenge and a real workout for your mind. But of course like everything in life, it becomes easier the more you use it. Unfortunately I don't use it everyday.

What I am really excited about is the Oracle Ge-I love it! Why? Well, the main reason is that is inspired by the Lenormand oracle which I like a lot, it contains many more cards (61) compared to the Lenormand (36) each with its own specific meanings, and timing is foolproof unlike the timing with the Lenormand oracle which is more difficult and you have to try sometimes many times to get right. Sylvie Steinbach makes this clear in her very well written book that timing is a very tricky issue that sometimes requires rephrasing the question several times in order to get a good answer.

With the Oracle Ge this problem is resolved to some extent because the deck contains 4 cards that contain specific time frames based on the 4 seasons (Spring, Summer, Autumn, Winter). Although this simplifies the timing issue somewhat, I am not completely satisfied since it does not provide a more pinpoint answer. Knowing that something will occur in Winter for example is better than not being able to accurately predict any time frame, but I wish there was a way of knowing for example that an event will occur in the first 2 days.

Hopefully, you or other wonderful members of this great forum will be able to tell me and other Oracle Ge owners if there is a course that is especially made for the Oracle Ge. The LWB is better than nothing but it really does not help too much.

Your friend,

Sam.

Bernice

Hello sammy,

I've been using a 'Lenormand' approach with this deck, some of the cards are so similar in image and meaning, that I think I might only need to work out (or with) the other cards.

But for those who may be unfamilar with the Lenormand, perhaps taking one card at a time might be the best course. I didn't know that Priestess was unfamilar with it.

The thing is..... these sort of cards are best learned (or studied) by looking at two at a time.... to get the 'feel' of them. They work best in combination don't they.

Timing: I'm being very specific with questions, even re-phrasing them in order to get a clear, direct answer. (Which Sylvie advised, and it works well.)

sammyofnyc

Bernice said:
Hello sammy,

I've been using a 'Lenormand' approach with this deck, some of the cards are so similar in image and meaning, that I think I might only need to work out (or with) the other cards.

But for those who may be unfamilar with the Lenormand, perhaps taking one card at a time might be the best course. I didn't know that Priestess was unfamilar with it.

The thing is..... these sort of cards are best learned (or studied) by looking at two at a time.... to get the 'feel' of them. They work best in combination don't they.

Timing: I'm being very specific with questions, even re-phrasing them in order to get a clear, direct answer. (Which Sylvie advised, and it works well.)

Hello Bernice,

Thanks for the comments. Your friend.....
Sam

Bernice

Rose + Fire

Very settled and happy with home-life.
Confidence in, and a sense of well-being with family members.
Someone who is in their comfort zone in a family environment.

?

Bee

Bernice

Fire + Rose

A home/domestic environment that is happy/sound. But the Rose, however positive a feeling it is, could be subject to change - it's at it's peak. Beyond full-bloom the downward trend sets in.... wilting.

So, a promising domestic or home situation?
Feelng good about current domestic conditions?

I'm thinking that the Fire(4) is a more robust card than the Rose.....

sammyofnyc

Questions Concering Oracle Ge Cards

Bernice said:
Fire + Buildings

Fire and buildings...a family going out into town for a show or a meal to celebrate something together.....? <Tess>

...thinking....
Home/family in the (big) City?
Big house? (With a 3rd card, (54) the Fields/Countryside = mansion in the country?). A family squatting in some large public building....lol ! <Bee>

Buildings + Fire

..... Cosy romantic places with big log fires and soft lighting where a married couple celebrate an anniversary. Building a home together. Just married and moving into a first home together. <Tess>

Some public place/building that feels 'like home' ? <Bee>
~~~

Shall we try another couple of cards, consider them then include them in some combinations ?

Hello Bernice,

I never really understood why the LWB associates FIRE with the family. What does this have to do with a family (unless God forbid) a family dies in a fire. Otherwise I just don't see the connection.

Also the BAT card. What do bats have to do with loss, theft, breach of trust. Everything I know about bats don't have these attributes.

Also the PAPERS and the PARCHMENT card are very close in meaning. Do you or anyone on this forum have any feelings you can share about these 2 cards? I just don't see a significant difference between them. I don't know how the designer of these cards have 2 cards that mean the same thing almost.

Your friend,

Sam.

Bernice

Hi Samson,

The Fire represents House/Family because the author chose to illustrate the card as the Hearth Fire, centre of home-life. An old fashioned term - and also a one used by those in the Craft (pagan).

Like you, I find that the Papers & Parchment are similar in meaning, so I've changed them (for myself) :)