Aeclectic Tarot
Tarot Cards & Reviews Live Tarot Readings Tarot Card Meanings Forum Archive

Can/Do Pro's ever charge for ONE-card Readings?

> Aeclectic Tarot Forum > Tarot > Talking Tarot

Citizen

Silverlyn 
Citizen

I'm seriously thinking of doing this, as I seem to still do my best work with using only ONE card Readings! (I've been told by several that I give them quite a lot of information and they have (so far) walked away entirely satisfied with their Readings done this way).

Have any of you Pro's ever done this?

If so, what would be an ideal charge (U.S. Dollars) for doing one card readings?

Thanks!

Silverlyn
Top   #1
Citizen

Baroli 
Citizen

I think it all depends on how long you can talk about the information you get from the card.
Top   #2
Citizen

Silverlyn 
Citizen

I can talk (or type) for quite a while and in several areas with just the one card (or at least I have been able to in previous Readings).

I just don't know what a good price to charge would be (or if it really just should NOT be done on a Professional basis using just ONE card or not?).

Silverlyn
Top   #3
Card Reader/Fortune Teller

Grizabella 

Five bucks, maybe? I guess it might depend on how long you can talk as someone else said, but if I were a paying customer, I wouldn't feel like I'd gotten much of a reading using just one card. As a reader, I might be able to talk for an hour on a single card, maybe more. I could probably talk half a day. You need to cover more aspects of an issue than just one card will show, though, if you're going to be charging much money for it.

A one-card reading is more something you'd use as a "teaser" to give a potential customer a sample so they'd want to come back for a regular reading if you were trying to build your business.
Top   #4
Citizen

Nevada 
Citizen

I don't see why not. If you provide elaborate readings with one card, I don't see why you'd have to limit what you charge either, based on only reading one card. It's not the cards that go into the reading but what you put into it, and what comes out of it, that counts from the customer's perspective, I would think.
Top   #5
Citizen

minrice 
Citizen

Ditto all that and if they come away happy then why not?
I personally don't have any one card pulls on my website, but in person readings I'd do one card or stop at one if I felt that was all that was necessary and whomever I was reading for was happy.
Less is often more!
Top   #6
Citizen

Silverlyn 
Citizen

Thanks you guys...well what would be a safe charge then? ten bucks too much? Shall I charge more depending on how long the Reading is or ????
Top   #7
Citizen

Sheri 
Citizen

I experimented with one-card $5 readings at the Ren Faire here last year. Not only was it not popular, but the few that did go for it were either fundies wanting to give me a hard time, or people who still expected a substantial reading!

Needless to say, I dispensed with it this year.

Sheri
Top   #8

Grizabella 

What was more popular, Sheri? Just curious.

Man, if $5 attracts fundies, I don't want to try it! That's my biggest fear. I was so spiritually abused by them all my younger life that I have what amounts to almost a genuine phobia of them.
Top   #9
Citizen

Umbrae 
Citizen

Cool

NO.

Pro's MUST use spreads with 47 cards in the shape of the Mystical Hoo-Ha.

I've seen great two card spreads, three, four five...

If you read well with one card - then you go for it.

I always say - Tarot is a tool. Nothing more. if you can make it sing, then don't muffle it.

Remember - it's not the amount of cards, or their shape, its not your table or spread cloth, it's not what you ate for breakfast - its all about delivering the message to the sitter.

If you do it with one card - so be it.
Top   #10

Tarot Cards & Reviews Free Tarot Readings Tarot Books Tarot Card Meanings Forum Archive
Aeclectic Tarot Forum Links
· Tarot
· Tarot Special Interest
· Beyond Tarot
· Forum Library

Aeclectic Tarot Categories
· Angel Decks
· Dark & Gothic Decks
· Goddess Decks
· Fairy Decks
· Doreen Virtue Decks
· Beginner Decks
· Cat Decks
· Pagan & Wiccan Decks
· Ancient Egyptian Decks
· Celtic Decks
· Lenormand Decks
· Rider-Waite Decks
· Marseilles Decks
· Thoth Decks
· Oracle Decks
· List All Decks
· Popular Tarot Decks
· Available Decks
· Tarot Books
· What's New

The Aeclectic Tarot Forum closed permanently on July 14th, 2017. The public threads remain online as a read-only archive and resource. More information on our decision can be found here. Thank you for being a part of our active community over the past seventeen years.

Copyright © 1996 - 2017 Aeclectic Tarot. All rights reserved. Privacy Policy. Contact us.