House Spirit stealing my Amethyst?

Hermina

Hi! I am new to this crystal forum so I appreciate your help.

I have a beautiful amethyst piece that I've had for over 15 years. A while ago I noticed it was getting dusty sitting on my desk and didn't have the time, or diligence, to cleanse it... so I stuck it in a drawer so I wouldn't have to look at it all dusty. I made a note to clean it with proper care at a later date.

Well, it's been about 8 month since then... and my life is pretty topsy-turvey and I want to put it by my bed for good sleep. But... I can't find it anywhere!!

My only conclusion is that some spirit around my house took it for itself. This happened to me once before, when I swear Yemaya took a beautiful blue silk skirt of mine. I was studying her in depth at the time. Either that, or it made it's way into the trash in a mad feng shui cleaning spree... but I don't believe that is the case as the piece meant a lot to me.

My question for you all is... have you ever experienced crystals disappearing around your house... then hopefully reappearing unexpectedly? Do you believe spirits are at play?

Looking forward to hearing your experiences!
Thanks!

~Hermina

Dusk Till Dawn

I have not experienced that, I had jewelry appearing out of nowhere.. Maybe you can't get a hold of it right now, because it's not the right time. Maybe you don't need it now. So It might be hiding.

Apollonia

I had two small Herkimer Diamonds that I placed in one of those little plastic bags that seal at the top. I put the plastic bag in my jeans pocket and went out for a while. When I got back, one Herkimer was still in the bag, the bag was still sealed and intact, no holes or anything, and the other one was gone. I never saw it again.

I have also found a crystal (don't know what it is) and a necklace in my dresser drawer that I never saw before in my life.

Chiska

I normally don't read this forum, but your post stuck out to me and I had to read it!

I have a feeling that the stone isn't stolen so much as it is not going to be at your beck and call. You wrote:
A while ago I noticed it was getting dusty sitting on my desk and didn't have the time, or diligence, to cleanse it... so I stuck it in a drawer so I wouldn't have to look at it all dusty.
It needed you and you put it in a drawer. You need it now and it is hiding.

Honestly, I hope that didn't sound bad, but that is just the really strong feeling that I got. I am not used to these feelings and this was a bit unnerving for me.

Basic Elements

If you suspect that spirits are behind this sort of activity, I highly recommend performing a thorough banishing ritual (or if you cannot, find someone who can) on the whole house, and even more importantly on yourself.

Apollonia

Basic Elements said:
If you suspect that spirits are behind this sort of activity, I highly recommend performing a thorough banishing ritual (or if you cannot, find someone who can) on the whole house, and even more importantly on yourself.

If you decide to do this, do be careful! It is something not to be taken on lightly, as some of the spirits that may be in line for banishing might not agree with the whole idea. I have trained with a well-known shamanic practitioner on space clearings, and it can be complex. Protection, and knowing what you are doing, are advised,

FatesLady

Basic Elements said:

Oh, la... some spirits are just a lil playful.

I have fairies that hang out around me. I don't SEE them, but if I go too long without sacrificing something shiny to them, they start stealing my jewelry. I often make an offering to them and ask for whatever they stole back, and it turns up somewhere that it could not have gotten to, otherwise. They once stole my husband's wedding ring off his HAND, and when I made an offering, I came back in the house and he was wearing it. Turns out soon after I went outside to beg them to return it, he heard a jingle as the ring fell from nowhere and hit the floor beside him. There was no shelf or anything nearby that it could have tipped off of.

In the case mentioned... could be stolen, but I agree that it could also be hiding, maybe for good.

Hermina

Yes, that makes more sense... it's hiding. I was so busy with school and work that I was resenting having to clean it. I believe it's true that I 'hurt' its feelings, or at least disrespected it. Could also be hiding for good, or left somehow.

I was thinking maybe faeries were at play (not a major spirit or anything) but it's not what faeries typically take. I love hearing your experiences... about jewelry appearing in drawers, and stones popping out of sealed bags... amazing!!

Could also be that I don't need it now. I can't wait to see in what strange way it shows up, if it does. I sure won't neglect my stones in this way again. If anything else... lesson learned!

Basic Elements

FatesLady said:
Oh, la... some spirits are just a lil playful.

I have fairies that hang out around me. I don't SEE them, but if I go too long without sacrificing something shiny to them, they start stealing my jewelry. I often make an offering to them and ask for whatever they stole back, and it turns up somewhere that it could not have gotten to, otherwise. They once stole my husband's wedding ring off his HAND, and when I made an offering, I came back in the house and he was wearing it. Turns out soon after I went outside to beg them to return it, he heard a jingle as the ring fell from nowhere and hit the floor beside him. There was no shelf or anything nearby that it could have tipped off of.

In the case mentioned... could be stolen, but I agree that it could also be hiding, maybe for good.

I know my suggestion may seem rather harsh, but I think of it in the same way as I would a human. I would be highly irritated with one of my friends stealing, or hiding my belongings from me. If it became routine, I would probably "banish" them from my home..so my approach with spirits and elementals is much the same. I believe very strongly in mutual respect.

atesla

I've had a lovely moldavite piece disappear from my pocket. Hopefully it will reappear full of the adventures it went on when I'm ready...

I have also torn apart my house looking for something and then go back and it's somewhere that I definitely checked, it just appeared.