Swietlistej Drogi - 9 of Pentacles

weaver

Of the four Minor Arcana suits in the Drogi deck, I think the Pentacles are my favorite. So many of that suit's card images are incredibly lush! Still, a couple of the Pentacles cards have me scratching my head. Specifically, I am not quite sure what to make of Drogi's 9 of Pentacles and 2 of Pentacles cards.

Since we've already explored Drogi's 9 of Wands card, I thought I'd begin with that number. In looking at the 9 of Pentacles card, can anyone help me see what it is I am seeing?! (I hope I am making sense here!)

I THINK I am seeing an artist with two of his creations. (Is there a dialog taking place?) I imagine the framed triangular space (?) with a Moon, and the shapes of the two stands upon which the busts reside suggest something. I also am inclined to think that the two opposing positions of the male and female busts have a meaning as do likely their flag and hat.

But what?!!!!

What do you make of this card? Any and all thoughts are welcome! For point of reference, I have attached pictures of this card from the Drogi, Noblet Marseille and RWS decks. :)

Attachments

• Drogi9Pents.jpg
    Drogi9Pents.jpg
    47.3 KB · Views: 95
  • Noblet9Coins.jpg
    Noblet9Coins.jpg
    35.4 KB · Views: 84
  • RWS9Pents.jpg
    RWS9Pents.jpg
    55.2 KB · Views: 79

BodhiSeed

For me the 9 of Pents is about someone who (through hard work and discipline) has attained financial independence and is able to enjoy the pleasures and beauty life has to offer. This card makes me think of someone who has the time to visit a museum and enjoy the beauty of art because of their financial independence.

Moonbow

Artistic license plays a part in this card, and not just in the depiction. In a Marseilles way of reading I see the nines as near completion, a bit like what Autumn is to Winter. So the intention is set and there is no stopping it, only its not quite there yet. The WCS decks tend to err on the meaning as being about accomplishment in a certain trade or occupation. So I see both systems in this card although there is more to it which needs contemplating, the connection between artist and female bust in particular.

I get museum, and the artistic completion. The male bust is on the round, female plinth. The female bust is on the square, male plinth but they are still separate, they are still incomplete in themselves and as a couple. As though the artist is speaking saying "but I gave you form what more do you want?".

Bernice

Strange image! But visually at-a-glance, it came across to me as being about "perspective(s)".

Bee :)

weaver

Thanks for all of your insights, everyone! They have really helped. Building on what bodhran and Moonbow wrote, Bernice's post about "perspective" has really helped me flesh out a better understanding of how this card might be considered in a reading. Thanks!