The 2009 Aeclectic Travelling Tarot Deck Raffle!!

Raya

It began over two years ago with the Jean Noblet Tarot (http://www.aeclectic.net/tarot/cards/jean-noblet/) and 60-odd people who signed up to receive the deck and spend five days using and getting to know it, writing down their impressions and experiences in an online journal, signing one card, and then mailing the whole thing on to the next person on the list.

Over the next two years the deck travelled from Australia to India, then several thousand miles to Europe, back across half the world to East Asia, then to South America and finally up to North America, stopping in 13 countries with 59 different people.

Now that it has completed its journey, we are raffling the amazing Travelling Jean Noblet! The winner will not only receive the deck itself in its original box with LWB, but also the lovely red velvet pouch that travelled with it and a copy of the pdf of the Travelling Deck Journal (http://tarotforum.net/showthread.php?t=83284). Proceeds from the raffle will be donated to AT to help buy member subscriptions for those who can't afford them this year.

There was one such raffle a few years ago, but I personally feel it is especially timely this year. A lot of people have lost their jobs, their homes, and taken pay cuts. And unfortunately during hard times luxuries like online tarot forum subscriptions are often the first expenses to be cut. We really hope that if you are able to, you buy a ticket or two. If not for yourself, then maybe for a friend who's a collector or someone who's thought of taking up tarot but hasn't yet. It would make a killer birthday or Christmas present. :D

Raffle tickets can be bought August 1-31 at this website: http://www.aeclectic.net/tarot/forum/raffle.shtml Solandia is kind enough to do the drawing the first week in September.

One ticket is only $5, with 3 for $10, 4 for $15, 6 for $20, 7 for $25, and 10 for $30!

Anyone can buy raffle tickets as long as they have at least 100 posts. You can buy tickets from Aug 1-31, so if you don't have 100 posts now, you still have time to write them. :thumbsup: j/k Also, you can buy tickets anonymously or discuss your purchase, the deck itself, or the project in general in this thread.

Finally I'd like to thank everyone who helped make the Second Travelling AT Tarot Deck a success. A huge thank you to Jean-Michel David from the Association of Tarot Studies for donating the deck. Thank you to Solandia for handling the raffle. Thank you to Gregory for volunteering to take the time to put the journal in pdf format and make it look lovely. But most of all, thank you to :love: Daizdy:love:, who thought up and organized both projects.

Good luck!

Guiding Cauldron

Thanks for this hun, you've done such a great job with it all xoxo

Elven

A huge round of applause for everyone who participated and the organizers and even the mailpeople who got this deck there and back again. An extraordinary feat. What a journey it has been on. Looking forward to the Raffle now.

Cheers
Elven x

Alta

I have added this thread url to the post on all the related Travelling Deck threads:

Click me!

And big thanks from me to you Raya, and to Daizdy for starting it off.

Alta

thorhammer

I joined AT just too late to get involved in this, but it has insprired me and I donated a deck to the cause of being a travelling "mascot" deck for the Trade Train participants. It's making its way around slowly . . .

I will be buying many tickets, as I hope that many can benefit from donated subscriptions.

\m/ Kat

inanna_tarot

bought my ticket!

Guiding Cauldron

thorhammer said:
I joined AT just too late to get involved in this, but it has insprired me and I donated a deck to the cause of being a travelling "mascot" deck for the Trade Train participants. It's making its way around slowly . . .

I will be buying many tickets, as I hope that many can benefit from donated subscriptions.

\m/ Kat

Ur so sweet TH, actually I have the train deck currently and its interesting to see who has had it as well so far. I love the lovely old worn feel to it as well :)

Marcia959

Wow, I just saw this and bought a ticket! This is great!

karen0205

How is the decision made about which countries it will to go?

I hope you do another one soon!
Very cool idea.

I hope the next deck is a RWS deck.

AJ

I'm so impressed that no one dropped the ball. Good job everyone!