Oracles Weekly Focus August 2nd

DragonFae

Oracles Weekly Focus August 2nd: Weekly/Daily Draws

I accomplished a bit from last week's focus....I have the card readings journal set up in a binder with different sections...So on to USING IT...in this week's focus.

I posted about a page for keeping track of a Weekly Card drawing (usually done on Sunday night) and then drawing a daily card for seven days also. The idea is to draw the weekly card and record meanings/impressions and then as each daily card is drawn...record meanings/impressions BUT also jot down how it might relate to the weekly card...

HERE's the link to a printable page for this. I actually printed it and then enlarged it slightly on the copier so its a bit easier to wirte on.

http://tarotstudies.50webs.com/card_reading_chart2.shtml

You could also do the same thing with just a blank sheet of paper where you record the impressions...whatever seems to work best for you.

DragonFae

I will use my personal deck: The Journey for this week.

AUGUST WEEKLY/DAILY Draw Plans:

Week of August 2nd: The Journey Deck

Week of August 9th: Hunt Fairytale Tarot Deck

Week of August 16th: Alice Cards

Week of August 23rd: Hunt Fairytale Tarot Deck

Week of August 30th: Mexican Loteria Cards

*****Tentative and Subject to change at my whim...LOL

I used my Deck study decks for the month.....

DragonFae

Deck: The Journey

Weekly Card Draw: Friends

I had to laugh when I saw this one because it is a topic that is certainly on my mind and in my heart right now...The Friends card reminds us of the importnace of connections and bonds with other. It is a card of support.

Monday's Card: The Pond

This card is about phases in life and the cycles we go through...that everything has a time. It is also about the fact that sometimes there is hidden depth...like in a pond...deeper meanings so to speak. I can relate it to the weekly card because I think friendships sometimes run deeper than we think and also because we most trust the phases or "seasons" of life and remember that they cycle around...so everything..."comes back" so to speak...in its own time.

DragonFae

I have been doing the daily draw and recording my impressions but haven't been posting about it as I got the Fairy Tale Tarot and have been playing with it also.

One thing this exercise has shown me ...is that the journey deck needs to be expanded a bit and fine tuned...this is my very basic deck created from my life history and events that happened on the haunted farm....but I need to expand it a bit to capture all the possibly aspects...I'm taking notes to help get this accomplished.

DragonFae

Well I got distracted this week...with a new deck but I did do the daily and weekly cards with The Journey deck...and they did blend together nicely and offered some insight.

The Journey deck as I mentioned earlier....needs some fine tuning...it has been on the back burner of late and I need to work on it again....The deck had 65 cards...I am going to expand it to 78....not that it will follow the traditional tarot system but simply allows for me to fill in some gaps I think the deck has...Here is what I am thinking...the cards that are based on strong stories that evoke strong feelings and memories....read like a breeze...those that I just sort of added to fill in spots...are weak...I need to rework them to fit experiences....and then add a few more so that they fully encompass alife...

As fall approaches the deck will also be under "discussion" with my team of experts...LOL....my two daughters, sister and niece....we will work together to tell and retell the stories that the deck is based on and this will I think tease out the missing elements that I am feeling exist....it will also fine tune the existing card concepts...PLUS....it will be FUN...lol

This deck as I have mentioned before is a personal/family deck....but one that for me is powerful and workable...!!!