Better Time for Virgos, Saturn Letting Up

balenciaga

Is Saturn going to start releasing its grip on Virgos soon? I understand Saturn will still be around for a while, but I notice when I look at long-range astrological forecasts, Jupiter sort of gets involved, and well, things look a little more optimistic.
Am I just being overly-optimistic here? I am a bit tired of Saturn pressing on us for so long.:)

Etoile

balenciaga said:
Is Saturn going to start releasing its grip on Virgos soon? I understand Saturn will still be around for a while, but I notice when I look at long-range astrological forecasts, Jupiter sort of gets involved, and well, things look a little more optimistic.
Am I just being overly-optimistic here? I am a bit tired of Saturn pressing on us for so long.:)

I hope so--it's been rough on this Virgo lately. I checked astro.com to see if there was any relief in sight and it seems that Saturn is hitting EVERYTHING for me until about September 2010. It looks bad, real bad. And I thought I was through the worst part. Here's hoping your chart looks better than mine! :)

Etoile

Minderwiz

Well Saturn can actually be reasonably dignified in Virgo - it has dignity by Terms. from 18 degrees to 24 degrees. So if your Sun lies in that range then things are not too bad. At the moment Saturn is at 19 degrees 51 Virgo.

It's worse if you are a Virgo Asendant or your Ascendant is Pisces or Sagittarius or Gemini (slightly better if your Moon or Sun is in those signs). Don't forget Sun signs are actually not so important as Ascendants, and are about the same as Moon signs.

Jupiter enters Pisces in January 2010. Now if you use whole sign Aspects (as they did in Hellenistic and Greek Astrology) that would perhaps be of some use as Saturn would receive an opposition from Jupiter in his own sign (Ignore modern stuff about Neptune and Pisces)

However if you have Virgo Ascendant, Moon or Sun then by whole sign Aspects, Jupiter is opposing your Ascendant, Moon or Sun. Now oppositions of Jupiter are not as bad by any means as oppositions from Saturn. But if Jupiter rules an important house in your chart or 6th, 8th or 12th then the results might not be much better or even in some cases worse.

If you go by modern aspects, then it's going to be about April 2010 before it has much effect. Before then Saturn will have moved into Libra at the very end of October this year then stationed retrogade, in January 2010 and then retrograded back into Virgo, at the end of the first week in April 2010. It will station Direct again at the very end of May and move direct into Libra towards the end of July. Jupiter moves into Aries in June 2010.

Bernice

Well Saturn can actually be reasonably dignified in Virgo - it has dignity by Terms. from 18 degrees to 24 degrees. So if your Sun lies in that range then things are not too bad. At the moment Saturn is at 19 degrees 51 Virgo.
Smack on top of my Sun - 2min orb!.

Bee :eek:

Hathor

It has been total hell for me for a long while now. I'm strong, and I have been bearing it, but things are starting to get to me. It's just too much. I hope relief is on it's way soon. Although I know nothing about astrological charts, I knew Saturn is being bad.

Minderwiz

Bernice said:
Smack on top of my Sun - 2min orb!.

Bee :eek:

Well Saturn is 'Cazimi' then and in an extremely dignified transit. A good time for learning or creating structures and systems. Of course tomorrow is anothe day LOL

Bernice

Minderwiz said:
Well Saturn is 'Cazimi' then and in an extremely dignified transit. A good time for learning or creating structures and systems. Of course tomorrow is another day LOL
I've not long graduated from crutches, and then two little sticks - now I'm using only one stick.... DON'T tell me I'm not going to chuck it away in the near future :eek: !

Bee :)

Minderwiz

Sadly no, crutches and sticks are very much Saturn, especially if the problem is knees or lower legs.

Hope things are not too serious and that you continue to make measured and steady progress

Bernice

Thank you. (Knee).

Bee :)

franniee

It's a direct hit for me. My sun is at 19 degrees Virgo. :eek:

So far I am fine physically - achy but hey that is nothing new..... but I will be careful.

What does Cazimi mean and what does it mean to have an extremely dignified transit? I am hoping it is all good! LOL