New smokey sphere

thinbuddha

Well, I've gone and done it again. I've ordered another sphere....

This will be my largest at 4.75 inches.....

The attachement file names stand for "Big Smokey". It is pretty unlikely that Big Smokey will end up being the name for this sphere, if it ever does get named. That sounds like somebody's CB handle, and this ball certainly doesn't look like it might be driving a big rig.

Attachments

• BS1.jpg
    BS1.jpg
    64.7 KB · Views: 157
  • BS2.jpg
    BS2.jpg
    60.1 KB · Views: 131
  • BS3.jpg
    BS3.jpg
    67.9 KB · Views: 120
  • BS4.jpg
    BS4.jpg
    79.5 KB · Views: 118
  • BS5.jpg
    BS5.jpg
    63.5 KB · Views: 128

Keavy McGee

Congratulations!!

Absolutely gorgeous!! I love the many colours in it.

May Big Smokey bring you Big Happiness!!

XOXOX

KEAVY:heart:

MCsea

Awesome

thank you for sharing the photos and your joy

how fortunate you are!

MARINA

MsRubyRain

Beautiful! I adore smokey quartz.

celticnoodle

very pretty! I love the colors in it! hope you enjoy it, Thin Buddha!

btw--I like the name you are using for him! :D

HearthCricket

How lovely! I love the rainbow inclusions in it and the various planes. Very nice for reading and just adoring. Like the Magi....

Maybe Caspar, Melchior, or Balthasar? :D

Wise and full of wonder!

thinbuddha

celticnoodle said:
btw--I like the name you are using for him! :D

I did come up with a name in my sleep that I thought at the time might be perfect, but didn't write it down. It wasn't Big Smokey. Big Smokey is just such a gruff macho name, and this ball seems more subtle than that. I sort of like Balthasar, though I'm not convinced it will fit either.... Really, I have to wait and seee what it's like in person.

I have 3 spheres with names:

- A 4 inch clear quartz with lots of refracting features that almost look like mountains named "Whisper" (AKA "The Palantir" because it was gifted to me by a friend who I nick named "Saruman") Still my favorite shpere- it would take an exceptional sphere to replace this one.
- A smokey quartz with lots and lots of veils that's about 4.25 inches named "Lode"
- A 4.625 inch clear quartz with parallel plane inclusions and some faint phantoms named "Issa"

janstar17

It's a beautiful sphere -- with or without a name. :)

I like the bits of honey it appears to have in it. Reminds me of amber which always seems mysterious to me.

Enjoy!

HearthCricket

thinbuddha said:
I did come up with a name in my sleep that I thought at the time might be perfect, but didn't write it down. It wasn't Big Smokey. Big Smokey is just such a gruff macho name, and this ball seems more subtle than that. I sort of like Balthasar, though I'm not convinced it will fit either.... Really, I have to wait and seee what it's like in person.

I have 3 spheres with names:

- A 4 inch clear quartz with lots of refracting features that almost look like mountains named "Whisper" (AKA "The Palantir" because it was gifted to me by a friend who I nick named "Saruman") Still my favorite shpere- it would take an exceptional sphere to replace this one.
- A smokey quartz with lots and lots of veils that's about 4.25 inches named "Lode"
- A 4.625 inch clear quartz with parallel plane inclusions and some faint phantoms named "Issa"

Gosh, I am so glad I am not the only one who does this! Miranda, Ophelia, and Cassandra will feel so much better knowing they are in good company! I actually can't imagine not naming them, though I do need to name a piece of black onyx that I use as a seeing stone....

thinbuddha

HearthCricket said:
Gosh, I am so glad I am not the only one who does this! Miranda, Ophelia, and Cassandra will feel so much better knowing they are in good company!

It never started out intentionally. I never even considered it until you brought it up. Even then, I scoffed at the idea. Then Lode sort of just ended up with the name for some reason, and it was all over.