Victorian Flower Oracle: Pansy

Barbaras Ahajusts

Pansy/Wishful Thinking

What a dear, sweet but sad card. She doesn't look like her heart is breaking, but she is missing someone. Pensive thoughts, remembering another time. Something that brings her back to a time of only sweet memories.

I found so much on the flower Pansy & it's definition. The one site that spoke about how Pansies were used on grave markers to remember with love, honor & kindness spoke allot about this card. Another site mentioned the card brings back merriment in it's thoughts concerning another.

The definitions that were more detailed seem to speak to this card, always coming back to missing someone who has crossed over, from our plane to the next.

Since the Pansy seems to have a face that nods forward as if the flower is deep in thought, listening to another time, I must agree this card speaks of times gone by & only the good thoughts are held in high esteem.

Looking at our Pansy lady here, leaning on a cup (not a cup but can't remember what someone had called it...a challis, an urn?), I can't help but think she is remembering a deep love in her life that isn't thought of with anything but a happy& loving period in her life. I would almost say a widow remembering her love that has gone on.

If there was water in the urn/challis/cup I would say the love still was alive. If those are stones in there, I would say it's a love that has already grown to it's fulfillment & gone.

Barbara