Sweet Twilight- The Tower

Hemera

This is one of the best Tower cards I have ever seen. I´m generally puzzled and frightened by the Tower but this one gives a lot of hope. I guess there are many possible interpretations for this Tower card but what I like the most is that we are looking at the frightening tower from an unusual angle, from above. It is a frightening and destructive fire but we can see the sun rising from behind it. And when the Tower is gone nothing will ever block our view to the sun again.
Who is the person sitting on the branch with her teddy bear, or maybe it´s an ape? Is she in denial because she is not looking at the fire? Or is she too wise to stare at it? What is she thinking and what is she saying to her companion? Why does she have the bunny ears? They are really cute!

The LWB says that she is "entertained" by the fire but I don´t really see that here. I think the girl is too sensitive and gentle to be really entertained by such destruction. But she is not very worried about it either, that´s for sure.

Schnee

My feeling is that she knows something will come out of it, it's a necessary loss..
But recently I had a talk with someone who suggested that we should have total faith in the universe and this card popped right up in my mind.
In a way I think it reminds us that we should hang on that tree and not slip into the usual self-depreciating routine when something major/negative comes up. We should trust that if we believe we will maybe overcome in the long run but at least be a bit "shielded" through hard times.
This person linked the situation to the Bible (she was raised heavily catholic) with the saying "Love yourself and God will love you". I think it's a really interesting perspective..
The plushy besides her makes me think that we should find strenght in ourselves, our past (reference to childhood)..but following this interpretation too stricly could lead to self-centeredness I think..

My 2 cents..I hope I didn't offend anyone with the Bible analogy, it was not my intention at all..
PS: Thank you so much for starting the "Sweet Twilight" threads, I had been waiting for those as this deck is a bit peculiar for me..

Sar

There are no loss when you suddenly see the sun again. Even in our darkest moments, we still remember the sun.

RiccardoLS

Adding to - and not replacing . what others had said...

I think about the times I had to explain something bad, evil, unsensical...
"Mom, why do people make wars?" kind of questions.
A children is still innocent in a way, but she still needs to make sense of what happens around her, and it's not always flowers.
And maybe, when they understand, they explain calmly and patiently to their teddy bear, so the teddy may understand as well. (If instead of the teddy there was just a stuffed tiger!)

Hemera

RiccardoLS said:
I think about the times I had to explain something bad, evil, unsensical...
"Mom, why do people make wars?" kind of questions.
A children is still innocent in a way, but she still needs to make sense of what happens around her, and it's not always flowers.
And maybe, when they understand, they explain calmly and patiently to their teddy bear, so the teddy may understand as well. (If instead of the teddy there was just a stuffed tiger!)

You know I was thinking along these lines,too. Looking at this card I was reminded by my parents divorce when I was a child and how I felt back then. (Instead of the teddy there was a stuffed dog..)

Aerin

I had a teddy in class for children who neded someone to talk to.

He has heard a lot of things that will never ever be shared wih anyone else, that teddy. He never judged or gave advice: he just listened.

Grizabella

I remember when I was a little girl 5 years old, we lived through a path in the woods to a little house--my mom and baby sister and I. One day we went through the woods to my grandmother's house and for some reason, my mother decided we'd just stay the night with Granny. Sometime after dark, my mother was outside the house and she was crying. I went out to see what she was crying about because I'd never seen my mother cry before. She took me around the corner of the house and showed me that, through the woods, there was a big fire. She told me it was our house on fire and that's why she was crying. So I stood there and started crying, too. I remember thinking that I should cry since my mother was crying, but that I didn't really see the big deal myself. If she hadn't cried, I'd have just accepted it as a fact, I guess.

In a few days, when the coals were all cool, Mom went over to the house to try to look for the wedding rings my father had given her. They were divorced by then but she had put them in a little dish to save for me to have when I got old enough and they were the only thing of value we had. I couldn't think of anything important I should look for so I started looking for the eyes to my Christmas doll I'd gotten the year before. I knew the doll would probably have burned up but I thought the eyes were glass so they might still be there. Funny what children think, isn't it? This card reminds me of that night, for some reason.