Book of Law Study Group 1.62

Aeon418

ravenest said:
And in some layouts of the ToL that path goes straight through 'Da'at', so I guess that's how Aeon got AW thinking about it ???
That's right. But the Path of Gimel only passes through Da'ath. That would correspond to the point at which the Pillars of the Temple have Knowledge of each other. Or to put it another way, Chokmah and Binah get it on. This is indicated by the path that crosses Gimel, Teth and Atu 11 Lust.

Aeon418

ravenest said:
Seems a logical connection to me ... anyway, a map to the secret temple AW? One is the EGC ceremony that you are reminded of.
I second this recommendation. The Gnostic Mass is an outer symbol of what we are discussing here.

AW, if you have Lon Milo DuQuette's, The Magick of Aleister Crowley, read his intro the Gnostic Mass. Pay particular attention to what he says about the focus of the worshipper.

Aeon418

ravenest said:
Ravenest smirks to himself pondering the results of interpreting Aeon's own gnosis for him
Doesn't bother me. I'm quite happy with different levels of interpretation. :)

Always Wondering

aeon418 said:
Pay particular attention to what he says about the focus of the worshipper.

Oh, okay. I was lost in the treasure house of technical information. :laugh:
I guess I could take it one jewel at a time. :|

AW

thorhammer

I just popped in to say, AW, I started thinking of Da'ath at the same time you did :D and for exactly the same reasons.

But you've all lost me with this Gnostic Mass stuff.

I'm behind. One must do one's homework, or class becomes like chemistry always was for me - distressing :D

\m/ Kat

Always Wondering

I am just starting to catch on Kat, but I think it is very technical sex. :laugh:

There is a temple map at the bottom of this page.
http://www.hermetic.com/egc/mass-analysis.html#gmtemple

A brief synopsis out of The Magic of Aleister Crowley by Lon Milo DuQuette.

The first step up to the high alter signifies the Aeon of Isis with the Goddess Nuit through the priestess.
The second step signifies the Aeon of Osiris, the age of the dying god.
The third step signifies Ra-Hoor-Khuit, the Child of the Goddess and God of the last two Aeons.
DuQuette points out that the true object of worship is Ra-Hoor-Khut.

You will recognize the ToL. And I am sure Ravenest, Aeon418 and Similia can point a lot of other things because DuQuette says. . .
"For the initiate, Liber XV is a treasure house of technical information relating to a supreme technique of High Magic; but for all of us, it is a joyous feast, an act of worship, and the celebration of a miracle."

So I decided I don't have to figure out Da'at tonight. :laugh: Though . . .
aeon418 said:
Chokmah and Binah get it on.
. . .that pretty much says all I need to know at this point.

I am going to go feast. :laugh:

But I think I'm going to get that Sacred Geometry book. It actually looked interesting.

AW

thorhammer

Always Wondering said:
So I decided I don't have to figure out Da'at tonight. :laugh:
I am going to go feast.
Lucky you. I'm going to stare hungrily at the treasure trove of mysterious technical information :laugh: :D

\m/ Kat

Aeon418

Always Wondering said:
DuQuette points out that the true object of worship is Ra-Hoor-Khut.
Bingo!

It's very tempting to look at the last few verses we've just covered and make a direct comparison with the Gnostic Mass. But as DuQuette says, that would be missing the point because it would reduce the Mass to an Aeon of Isis level. Elements of what we've just covered are in the Mass, but it's not the Mass in it's entirety. There is also the Hadit side of things that has to be considered. The Mass is Liber XV (15) Yod + Heh. It takes two to tango. ;)

The Da'ath/Knowledge (think of the biblical usage of that word) is what creates the Child/Host. And the purpose of any eucharist is to consume that which you wish to embody. In this case it is RHK's personal cookie recipe. :laugh:
Always Wondering said:
You will recognize the ToL. And I am sure Ravenest, Aeon418 and Similia can point a lot of other things because DuQuette says. . .
"For the initiate, Liber XV is a treasure house of technical information relating to a supreme technique of High Magic; but for all of us, it is a joyous feast, an act of worship, and the celebration of a miracle."
I never said anything about sex magick. Oooops. :laugh:

Always Wondering

Always Wondering said:
I haven't replied because you got me thinking of Da'at.

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Well, it's a slippery, Freudian forum. :|

I was wondering why Ravennest seemed so amused.

AW

ravenest

Always Wondering said:
I am just starting to catch on Kat, but I think it is very technical sex. :laugh:

Very technical sex? That's why you have that AT tag :laugh: Well, I wouldnt say that. But what happens within us during sex (or tantra if you like) is very COMPLEX physically, biologically, magically ... I suppose an explaination or symbolic re-enactment of that could appear technical. But we can see many levels of interpretation (as the Sufi's say - look for 7 levels of interpretation ;) ) eg.

Aeon418 said:
That's right. But the Path of Gimel only passes through Da'ath. That would correspond to the point at which the Pillars of the Temple have Knowledge of each other. Or to put it another way, Chokmah and Binah get it on. This is indicated by the path that crosses Gimel, Teth and Atu 11 Lust.

Or to put it another way we could say its a model for the left and right hemispheres of the brain and demonstates a formular relating to states of conciousness , and conciousness evolution.

Always Wondering said:
There is a temple map at the bottom of this page.
http://www.hermetic.com/egc/mass-analysis.html#gmtemple
Thats good for the lay out or set up but the geometry I was thinking of is in Liber XV Part 1 of the Furnishings of the Temple:

IN THE EAST , ... is a shrine or High Altar. Its dimensions should be 7 feet in length, 3 feet in breadth, 44 inches in height. ...

On each side of it should be a pillar or obelisk , with countercharges in black and white.

Below it should be the dais of three steps , in black and white squares.

Above it is the super-altar , at whose top is the Stèle of Revealing in reproduction, with four candles on each side of it. Below the stèle is a place for The Book of the Law , with six candles on each side of it. Below this again is the Holy Graal , with roses on each side of it. There is room in front of the Cup for the Paten . On each side beyond the roses are two great candles .

All this is enclosed within a great Veil.

Forming the apex of an equilateral triangle whose base is a line drawn between the pillars, is a small black square altar, of superimposed cubes.

Taking this altar as the middle of the base of a similar and equal triangle, at the apex of this second triangle is a small circular font.

Repeating, the apex of a third triangle is an upright coffin, or Tomb. "

AS well as this geometry there is also an interesting correspondence between the Priestess's psychic anatomy when she is sitting on the altar in relation to the alter set up and objects.

I think its always helps to geometricall draw up the ToL with its 4 interlocking circles on the line proportions (you only need a ruler compass and pencil) to get this geometric layout ... on paper. I know of disasterous attempts to incorporate it it into a temple (gross proportions ... little steps that wont take allow the priest to stand on them while he orates, the Priestess scrunched into the shrine, pillars taller than the ceiling :laugh: ) hint - the basic first basic proprtions (that the others are related to) come from the Preistess's and Priest's anatomy - the traditional height of a double cube altar is the 'hipbones' or, more correct IMO, the 'Hara' - just below the navel, plus a suitible building and some common sense ]