Aeclectic Tarot
Tarot Cards & Reviews Free Tarot Readings Tarot Books Tarot Card Meanings Forum Archive

Sweet Twilight - card backs

> Aeclectic Tarot Forum > Tarot Special Interest > Tarot Study Groups > Individual Deck Studies > Tarot of the Sweet Twilight

Citizen

Hemera 
Citizen
Sweet Twilight - card backs

What do you think of the card backs? Do they have a message or are they just being decorative?

There are heads with big hair and small skulls here and there and the result could be restless but the colors are again really fantastic. The orange is warm and the blue and green are really like a cool breeze. Wonderful.
I especially love the Venetian masks in the middle. Are the small round things full moons or what?

I have not been able to figure out what the backs mean? Or maybe there is no message, just that they are beautiful to look at. Whichever the case these are definitely among the best LS backs I have seen.
Attached Images

Need help? Get your live Tarot Reading now      Top   #1
Seeker, Patterner, Questioner, Dreamer

Aerin 
Seeker, Patterner, Questioner, Dreamer

They remind me of Halloween - I think it is the orange colour and the little skulls.
 Need help? Get your live Tarot Reading now      Top   #2
Card Reader/Fortune Teller

Grizabella 
Card Reader/Fortune Teller

I've been trying to figure out what they are, too. At any rate, they're very different as deck backs go. I really like them.
 Need help? Get your live Tarot Reading now      Top   #3
Citizen

canid 
Citizen

I'm seeing a lot of Egyptian connotations - the Eye of Horace in particular. Minus the symbols under the eye (I'm referring to the eyes mirrored in the center of the backs & they're green, which the Eye of Horace is reputed to be), which have arithmatic values or can refer to the senses, yet those symbols are sort of portrayed on the other faces of the backs. I'm wondering if the artist used any more of this type of symbolism in the deck; I'm not done looking yet. Plus, the back is geometric AND has fluid freeform lines. Notice the pyramids & the water reference? The Nile? There's an obvious overseer there - Isis? And the image is duplicated/mirrored. What is above is below or something like that? Am I splitting hairs here? Does anyone know the artist? Christina Benintende please stand up!
 Need help? Get your live Tarot Reading now      Top   #4

Tarot Cards & Reviews Free Tarot Readings Tarot Books Tarot Card Meanings Forum Archive
Aeclectic Tarot Forum Links
· Tarot
· Tarot Special Interest
· Beyond Tarot
· Forum Library

Aeclectic Tarot Categories
· Angel Decks
· Dark & Gothic Decks
· Goddess Decks
· Fairy Decks
· Doreen Virtue Decks
· Beginner Decks
· Cat Decks
· Pagan & Wiccan Decks
· Ancient Egyptian Decks
· Celtic Decks
· Lenormand Decks
· Rider-Waite Decks
· Marseilles Decks
· Thoth Decks
· Oracle Decks
· List All Decks
· Popular Tarot Decks
· Available Decks
· Tarot Books
· What's New

The Aeclectic Tarot Forum closed permanently on July 14th, 2017. The public threads remain online as a read-only archive and resource. More information on our decision can be found here. Thank you for being a part of our active community over the past seventeen years.

Copyright © 1996 - 2017 Aeclectic Tarot. All rights reserved. Privacy Policy. Contact us.