Book of Law Study Group 1.64

Aeon418

I think it is significant that only sunset and night are mentioned. This might point to an association with Death. The primary theme of this chapter has been Love. This is defined as the disolution (death) of the individual self in the ecstacy of union with the infinite.

thorhammer

What is meant by "blue-lidded"? Is that a reference to the usual depiction of Nuit, as the goddess stretched over the earth, blue and gold?

\m/ Kat

Aeon418

My colour is black to the blind, but the blue & gold are seen of the seeing. Also I have asecret glory for them that love me.

ravenest

naked brilliance of the voluptuous night-sky.

What a line! Reminds me of the first time I went to the middle of Australia, turned up in some 'desert', arrived at night in the combi, work up as the van stopped, got out for a wee, looked up ... and nearly fell over!

I met a Thelemite from the USA that came here every few years to do a Liber Nv in the outback, inside a giant metor crater, under that sky ... Just lie back and let yourself fall 'up' into it ... swooosh!

ravenest

thorhammer said:
What is meant by "blue-lidded"? Is that a reference to the usual depiction of Nuit, as the goddess stretched over the earth, blue and gold?

\m/ Kat

AS any reincarnated ancient Egyptian will tell you ... that blue eye makup ... !
(part of her 'allurement')