Aeclectic Tarot
Dedicated to the diversity and beauty of Tarot since 1996

· Tarot Decks   · Tarot Meanings   · Tarot Forum   · Home

Tarot Decks Tarot Card Meanings Free Tarot Readings Forum Community What's New

Aeclectic Tarot Forum > Oracles > Oracles

Welcome to the Aeclectic Tarot Forum!

We are the oldest and largest Tarot forum community on the Internet. If you have any questions about any aspect of Tarot or using your cards, or you just want to connect with other Tarot enthusiasts, you've found the right place!

Registering your account is completely free, and allows you to post, share readings, search, view extra boards and more.

Hope to see you in the forum soon!

Wee Amazon 
Resident

Question metasymbology

http://www.metasymbology.com/spread.html

good morning, all......

I was doing a little surfing this morning, and came across this...does anyone know anything about it? I know there are various ways of reading playing cards, but didn't know there was anything as detailed as this seems to be.......

love
Wee Amazon
Wee Amazon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-03-2003 Need help fast? Chat with a live Tarot reader now!     Top   #1
coldsuns 
Citizen

WoWz..

It looks interesting! Is it a form a Tarot "Prediction" too? Anyone is able to teach us about it?!
coldsuns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-03-2003 Need help fast? Chat with a live Tarot reader now!     Top   #2
firemaiden 
keeper of the toaster

Fascinating link, Wee Amazon!! Thank you. Wow, I found out my card is the 8 of clubs. The description of this card really stunned me.
This is fascinating indeed. I would love to know if there is any relation with this to the development of Tarot, if side branch, precursor, or outgrowth...

Check on the links to find our what your card is, and tell me if it stuns you.
firemaiden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-03-2003 Need help fast? Chat with a live Tarot reader now!     Top   #3
Astraea 
Citizen

Cards of Illumination

The info concerning Olney Richmond on the Metasymbology site is the basis of a very fine system of playing-card reading developed by Robert Camp and elaborated/taught by Debbie Crick and Sue Hathaway of Sedona, AZ. Their website is http://www.cardsofillumination.com/ I took classes from them and was astonished at the depth and accuracy of this system.
Astraea is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 23-03-2003 Need help fast? Chat with a live Tarot reader now!     Top   #4
firemaiden 
keeper of the toaster

oooh, Astrae, share more, share more. Where did you take the classes, (what city). How do you feel about its relationship to tarot?
Does it influence how you read Tarot?
firemaiden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-03-2003 Need help fast? Chat with a live Tarot reader now!     Top   #5
zorya 
of the woods

thank you for the link wee amazon! very interesting layout with the 7 planets. i must try it today!

i enjoy cartography and think it really sharpens my tarot reading skills.

firemaiden; no, i didn't think my card suited me very well. i would really have to stretch it to fit. then i randomly read other cards and most could be stretched to fit.

Old 24-03-2003 Need help fast? Chat with a live Tarot reader now!     Top   #6
Ravenswing 
Citizen

hmmm...

hey firemaiden--

i'm an eight of clubs too. I'm going to have to spend some time with this site. (As if there isn't enough already LOL!!)

fly well
raven

Old 24-03-2003 Need help fast? Chat with a live Tarot reader now!     Top   #7
Astraea 
Citizen

Cards of Illumination Classes

Firemaiden, I took two three-day seminars with Debbie and Sue about six years ago in southern Colorado. They were brought here by the owners of a new metaphysical shop and I found both ladies to be wise, witty and warm. And they REALLY know how to read playing cards!

The main feature of the Cards of Illumination method of reading playing cards is its tight relationship with astrology. The timing of events and life cycles is impeccably outlined. The system has almost nothing directly to do with tarot, but it does help one to read tarot cards better due to the traditional suit associations between tarot and playing cards. Debbie and Sue insisted that only a standard poker deck (no "designer decks") would work with the system, owing to its archetypal and historical roots.

Sue and Debbie learned from the developer of the system, Robert Camp. Robert has published several wonderful books about his method and these books are readily available through Amazon and at almost all of the larger bookstores like Waldenbooks, Borders, etc. He also produces software to go with the system!

At the time I took classes from Debbie and Sue, there were three seminars one could take: beginning, intermediate and advanced (with a Certified Card Science Reader "diploma" awarded at the end of the last class). Unfortunately, they were unable to return to my town for the third and final class, so I never got to take it. They may have changed the class format by now.

Sue and Debbie were thinking about writing a text when I met them, but as far as I know they haven't done so yet. If you are interested in learning more about this system, I urge you to read Robert's books because they are wonderful!
Old 24-03-2003 Need help fast? Chat with a live Tarot reader now!     Top   #8
Astraea 
Citizen

Robert Camp's Website

Just found Robert's web address. It's http://www.7thunders.com/
Old 24-03-2003 Need help fast? Chat with a live Tarot reader now!     Top   #9
chaisha 
Resident

metasymbology

Quote:
Originally Posted by Astraea
The info concerning Olney Richmond on the Metasymbology site is the basis of a very fine system of playing-card reading developed by Robert Camp ....
Hello!
I just have to clarify - the only thing Robert Camp ever developed was COMPUTER SOFTWARE for the system of Metasymbology, which he learned from the author of the book Metasymbology, Arne Lein. Camp then renamed the system (actually a couple of times before settling on the most profitable - Cards of Destiny). But in no way did he ever develop the card reading system itself.

The origins of this beautiful method of Card Reading is UNKNOWN; as much a mystery as the origins of playing cards themselves. We can go far back as Olney Richmond - (1893), but even Olney does not claim the teachings as his own.
Thanks! - just had to set that straight~ :-)
cha
chaisha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2010 Need help fast? Chat with a live Tarot reader now!     Top   #10