Aeclectic Tarot
Tarot Cards & Reviews Free Tarot Readings Tarot Books Tarot Card Meanings Forum Archive

Sweet Twilight - The Emperor

> Aeclectic Tarot Forum > Tarot Special Interest > Tarot Study Groups > Individual Deck Studies > Tarot of the Sweet Twilight

Citizen

Hemera 
Citizen
Sweet Twilight - The Emperor

The Emperor looks very scary to me. He is divided in two and the LWB says it is because he is perfectly balanced. The way I see him is he is schizophrenic and divided in two so the other side doesnīt know what the other side does! I donīt think I would trust this guy..
The Earth on his chest is beautiful and it is the only thing that unifies him. He has crown on both sides but the sceptre is only on the other side.
What are the figures behind him on the background? Are they his friends or allies?
I think this card is quite a mystery..
Attached Images

Need help? Get your live Tarot Reading now      Top   #1
Resident

Universal Harmony 
Resident

The imagery on that card look likes an ability to balance even polar opposites. It sort of looks like a merge between animal and human like qualities. Those are just a few things I see in that particular card, but that's just me. I really like the artwork though. As for the background characters, they could be both a friend and an ally. One is set in day and the other is set is dusk. One has nice clothing on and one has nothing on at all. They could even be looked at as helpers of the Emperor. I guess those are all the things that I see.
 Need help? Get your live Tarot Reading now      Top   #2
Seeker, Patterner, Questioner, Dreamer

Aerin 
Seeker, Patterner, Questioner, Dreamer

I see it as an attempt to reconcile two things and keep them in balance as well - something an Emperor would, I imagine, need to do.
 Need help? Get your live Tarot Reading now      Top   #3
Citizen

Skydancer 
Citizen

My first impression is "Lord of the land" but in a more serious way than RWS. Not sure that makes sense. But that image does jump out at you. More like a battle Lord than keeper of the lands kind of Lord. Make sense??

*S*
 Need help? Get your live Tarot Reading now      Top   #4
Citizen

TarotGirlUK 
Citizen

Lightbulb

In the RW deck, The Emperor wear robes with armour underneath showing that he is an experienced fighter as well as a just ruler. Battle is ugly and involves killing people and yet and rulership has to involve compassion for his people. The Emperor can see both sides of war and take part in them both in order to bring balance and rule with fairness

I suppose the Sweet Twilight is amplifying this aspect.
 Need help? Get your live Tarot Reading now      Top   #5
Card Reader/Fortune Teller

Grizabella 
Card Reader/Fortune Teller

In this card, the Emperor's face looks like an alien on one side, and on that side is a little figure dressed in a human's suit and top hat behind him. On the side where the Emperor's face looks human, there's that little "being" that looks like a naked alien behind him on that side.
 Need help? Get your live Tarot Reading now      Top   #6
Citizen

septimus 
Citizen

I just had this in my reading, I think it wants a balance between the strong masculinity of the Emperor and other traits of a softer nature.
 Need help? Get your live Tarot Reading now      Top   #7

Tarot Cards & Reviews Free Tarot Readings Tarot Books Tarot Card Meanings Forum Archive
Aeclectic Tarot Forum Links
· Tarot
· Tarot Special Interest
· Beyond Tarot
· Forum Library

Aeclectic Tarot Categories
· Angel Decks
· Dark & Gothic Decks
· Goddess Decks
· Fairy Decks
· Doreen Virtue Decks
· Beginner Decks
· Cat Decks
· Pagan & Wiccan Decks
· Ancient Egyptian Decks
· Celtic Decks
· Lenormand Decks
· Rider-Waite Decks
· Marseilles Decks
· Thoth Decks
· Oracle Decks
· List All Decks
· Popular Tarot Decks
· Available Decks
· Tarot Books
· What's New

The Aeclectic Tarot Forum closed permanently on July 14th, 2017. The public threads remain online as a read-only archive and resource. More information on our decision can be found here. Thank you for being a part of our active community over the past seventeen years.

Copyright © 1996 - 2017 Aeclectic Tarot. All rights reserved. Privacy Policy. Contact us.