My Dear Aleister - Creating the Crowley Harris Tarot

thorhammer

This Lulu place is turning out to be quite the treasure trove.

The download's really tempting - mind you, the hardcover is hardly prohibitive either!

Thanks for flagging this, similia :)

\m/ Kat

kwaw

similia said:
http://www.lulu.com/content/paperback-book/my-dear-aleister/7260657

Has anyone read this book, or do you know anything about the author? I think its worth getting to read the correspondence between Crowley and Harris alone, but am interested to hear what else it contains.

Haven't read it, but most of the correspondence itself is available online from several sources where you can download it free already...

Aeon418

thorhammer said:
This Lulu place is turning out to be quite the treasure trove.
Yes, but it's also given me a new appreciation of editors. :laugh:

Aeon418

Crowley was working on a book to accompany the cards The Book of Thoth. This is written with magical students and OTO members in mind and not easily accessible or understandable to the lay person. My work is an attempt to set the record straight on the composition of the cards and their intricate and sensitive meanings which all can understand, use and enjoy.
It doesn't take much reading between the lines to smell Miss Packwood's agenda. ;)

Lilija

Set the record straight? I didn't know it was crooked. Difficult and a little twisty maybe...

Thanks for the links, though, I've read bits of their correspondence but to read it all in a line like this is great fun. My favorite Crowley writings are when he's having conversations, just talking, not being lessony.

Aeon418

Lilija said:
Set the record straight? I didn't know it was crooked.
It's only crooked if you want to tell a different story. ;)

And why on earth do people insist on calling the deck the Crowley-Harris Tarot? What's wrong with the Thoth Tarot? Is it politically incorrect or something? :rolleyes:

thorhammer

Aeon418 said:
It's only crooked if you want to tell a different story. ;)

And why on earth do people insist on calling the deck the Crowley-Harris Tarot? What's wrong with the Thoth Tarot? Is it politically incorrect or something? :rolleyes:
LOL I think it's to distinguish it in the wider Tarot community from the Etteila deck ;)

\m/ Kat

thorhammer

Aeon418 said:
thorhammer said:
LOL I think it's to distinguish it in the wider Tarot community from the Etteila deck ;)
Also, no one knows how to pronounce "Thoth".

Myself included.

\m/ Kat