Dark Grimoire Tarot - Seven of Wands

teomat

A man holds aloft a glowing crystal before a group of humanoid creatures. Some of them try to shield themselves from it, others seem to be held at bay from (presumably) attacking the man.

The image seems to suggest self-defense, much like it's counterpart in the RWS. The man, alone and against many, has the upperhand however his situation does seem precarious and he could still be overcome by the crowd. The image is reminiscent of the Strength card, though the situation here is perhaps not of controlling your inner demons, but literally facing opposition from people around you and having the courage not to give in.

My attention was drawn to the cowled figure on the left. He seems human and has his eyes closed. He seems detached from the situation, unaffected by the crowd or the crystal's power. Who is he? A friend or foe?

Onyx

teomat said:
My attention was drawn to the cowled figure on the left. He seems human and has his eyes closed. He seems detached from the situation, unaffected by the crowd or the crystal's power. Who is he? A friend or foe?

I never even noticed him before!

One thing that gets me about this card is how all the eyes of the attackers are blind eyes, no pupils. The suit of Wands represents Light, an association I like in maintaining an element connection with Fire.

I like the idea of the Man who fights the darkness with the light and the light, for now, is winning. I completely agree with the idea that this card represents the solitary struggle against overwhelming odds. I don't get the feeling that he wants to dominate them but rather to simply to escape them.

Onyx.