Dark Grimoire Tarot - The Knaves

Onyx

LWB: “Presage of the onset of a transformation; the secret learning of the hidden knowledge of the Pyramids.”

These four cards are all adult women and each is standing alone. Each image shows a Pyramid. There is a sense tat each of the Knaves are representative of a beginning phase of an endeavor. Are they new users of the grimoires of their suits or do they serve as guides and messengers to those who look to engage in the study of the magical books?

Knaves in the court cards can traditionally be associated with the element of earth. This deck has not only the elemental association with each suit but also a different additional association. Wands are Fire and Light, Cups are Water and Dreams, Swords are Air and Demons and the Pentacles are Earth and Shadows. Is it worth our time to consider these attributes as well? Could the Knave of Wands be Earth of Fire and Shadow of Light? Also the Knave of Swords is Earth of Air but also Shadow of Demons?

If there is a transformation signaled in this is card would it not be into these aspects of the suits? The change that comes from engaging in Light, Shadow, Demons and Dreams? To obtain knowledge, wisdom, or understanding of any sort requires a willingness to change and accept transformation. Investigation leads to new thoughts and those thoughts can change the way we see the world around us. Each of the Knaves according to the LWB is a warning or omen to what that transformation may be. We must take these women seriously as they each have an important message for us.

It is my plan in readings to use these card images to augment what I normally take the Knaves to be in traditional meaning. Things like messages, messengers, young boys or girls, and students. This deck allows for a more specific understanding of these types. As my current particular use of this deck is evolving into more journaling prompts and storytelling these are generally plan cards but give me loads of interesting and adaptable characters.