Brillian eBay Auction

F.M. Tarot

Well it ended just around the time you posted, so no worries! But the sellers reserve wasn't met, so no doubt they will be re-listing!

thorhammer

I see I also stuffed up in the thread title :rolleyes:

I just noticed going in there that I've bought from this seller - really good, has good stuff and great service. I hope it's relisted.

\m/ Kat

Grigori

thorhammer said:
(similia, pls remove if this is not cool :))

I think its fine, great to know when there's a chance to pick up a copy of a (currently) hard to find deck. :) Shame no one nabbed it, but maybe it will reappear with a lesser reserve!

thorhammer

similia said:
I think its fine, great to know when there's a chance to pick up a copy of a (currently) hard to find deck. :) Shame no one nabbed it, but maybe it will reappear with a lesser reserve!
I'd have bid, but the postage to Australia for that brick is ridiculous, and I already have a copy. I just wishwishwish I hadn't bought it months ago coz I've hardly touched it and I paid a lot more for it than that auction ended for, even with the postage. Oh well. C'es la vie (sp?) . . .

\m/ Kat

AJ

Their postage is ridiculous period.
They have a disclaimer in the bottom of the blurb, but that just strengthens the bogusosity of it. If shipping were lower they would have said in the blurb what their real fee was

gregory

When you list now, if you give the weight, ebay calculates the postage. Mostly this works- sometimes it doesn't. But heavy stuff costs a MINT to mail these days, even within one's own country - I have sent some out this week - I almost passed out in the post office and had to use a credit card :eek:

I suspect he is spot on, unfortunately. Someone here worked out the cost of sending a volume of Kaplan, and it was so much the would be buyer went right off it.....

F.M. Tarot

thorhammer said:
I'd have bid, but the postage to Australia for that brick is ridiculous, and I already have a copy. I just wishwishwish I hadn't bought it months ago coz I've hardly touched it and I paid a lot more for it than that auction ended for, even with the postage. Oh well. C'es la vie (sp?) . . .

\m/ Kat

If it's any consolation sellers on Ebay rarely actually let an item go when it sells for under the reserve, they are within their rights and are not obligated to sell that item for that price as they had set a reserve. So you wouldn't have gotten it there for less, at least!

thorhammer

AJ said:
Their postage is ridiculous period.
They have a disclaimer in the bottom of the blurb, but that just strengthens the bogusosity of it. If shipping were lower they would have said in the blurb what their real fee was
Gregs is right - the Book 4 brick is massive, and postage of it overseas (eBay quoted me $51.05 on that listing) would be exorbitant. I was lucky to get it from either Amazon or fishpond on the free shipping option :D but it still cost me about $120 for the item itself. Hence, the eBay auction, with a lovely large Thoth as well as the book, would have been a steal for anything under about $80.

\m/ Kat