The Book of the Law Study Group 2.3

Grigori

Corr this one is a revelation line. Silly really, but I still say "Corr!" :D

http://www.tarotforum.net/attachment.php?attachmentid=32436

Nuit, outside the sphere, the circumference that cannot be found from inside it. Inside it, lots of little Hadits all thinking they are the centre.

Cardlady22 said:
AW, does it do anything to view the point and circle as a 3D thing rather than a 2D glyph? I'm imagining the circle as a clear bubble with the point being riding inside it.

CL worked this out a couple of Aeon's ago, and even explained it nicely, but I just caught up :laugh:

Aeon418

similia said:
Inside it, lots of little Hadits all thinking they are the centre.
But not from the perspective of any one particular Hadit. To him, at the centre, all else is Nuit.

Crowley says the same thing, but on a different level, in his commentary to 1:9. From my perspective another Khabs is only a part of my Khu. As far as I'm concerned you are all a part of MY universe.

Aeon418

From the commentary on 1:4 (shows you how long ago we were on this same subject. :laugh:)
This is a great and holy mystery. Although each star has its own number, each number is equal and supreme. Every man and every woman is not only a part of God, but the Ultimate God. "The Centre is everywhere and the circumference nowhere". The old definition of God takes new meaning for us. Each one of us is the One God.
(emphasis added)

ravenest

similia said:
Corr this one is a revelation line. Silly really, but I still say "Corr!" :D

http://www.tarotforum.net/attachment.php?attachmentid=32436

Nuit, outside the sphere, the circumference that cannot be found from inside it. Inside it, lots of little Hadits all thinking they are the centre.

CL worked this out a couple of Aeon's ago, and even explained it nicely, but I just caught up :laugh:

hey S. you're the only middle age guy I know who says 'corr!' :laugh:

Hmmm. I have never been able to visualise this as 2-d, its always been 3-d and for me explains the infinate, if the centre of a circle is everywhere then the circumfrence of that circle must transcribe infinity ... or be nowhere. But I dont see them as being lots of little Hadits, there is only one Hadit but its centre is everywhere, as Aeon quoted from the Mass, in every Sun and every person and I'd say, in every atom, but not extended ... sort of like the 'weak' nuclear force that holds the componants of the atom together.

The problem is that we are trying to nut it out from 'WITHIN' the space/time continuum where we percieve certain things as being seperate from each other and think that is the common denominator for shared experience (and it is, for us - but not Nuit / Hadit.) Sorta like if you had ONE crystal that was reflecting facets of light, all these little lights could be seen as one when you look at the crystal but if you laid the crystal out in flatland it would seem a 2-d surface (like we see a 3-d surface) with lots of seperate lights and if the lights were in that 2-d space ... ie/ they were extended (outwards) in their observation, they would observe 'other' lights. But if they could attune their observation to a higher frequency and percieve the 3-d shape and NOT be extended it would all be seen as one light and one centre. ... sort a

Corrr! Did THAT make any sense at all?

Grigori

ravenest said:
hey S. you're the only middle age guy I know who says 'corr!' :laugh:

:laugh: Well I don't often say it, but when I do it's a carefully chosen word :p

Ravenest said:
But I dont see them as being lots of little Hadits, there is only one Hadit but its centre is everywhere,

Corr!! I really like that idea, infinitely contracted point that is all over the place.

Ravenest said:
The problem is that we are trying to nut it out from 'WITHIN' the space/time continuum where we percieve certain things as being seperate from each other

I say it again, Corr!!

This all just became very visual and dare I say 4D for me. Thanks everyone :)

Aeon418

ravenest said:
The problem is that we are trying to nut it out from 'WITHIN' the space/time continuum where we percieve certain things as being seperate from each other and think that is the common denominator for shared experience (and it is, for us - but not Nuit / Hadit.)
And not for "Winners of the Ordeal X" either. To begin to understand the real nature of Nuit and Hadit requires a higher level of consciousness. Namely the unintative Briatic consciousness we call K&C of HGA. Trying to understand Nuit and Hadit with the intellect will leave you short of the mark.

At best the normal mind can grasp superficial concepts of Nuit and Hadit that resemble intellectual forms of Binah and Chokmah. But they are a long way from the reality of the infinite Nuit and Hadit.
In actual fact most people's conceptions of God are focused on Tiphareth/Sol and no higher. Crowley recognised this in his comments on the two cults of Nuit (for the few and secret) and Ra-Hoor-Khuit (for all).
There are to be no regular temples of Nuith and Hadit, for They are incommensurables and absolutes. Our religion therefore, for the People, is the Cult of the Sun, who is our particular star of the Body of Nuit, from whom, in the strictest scientific sense, come this earth, a chilled spark of Him, and all our Light and Life. His vice-regent and representative in the animal kingdom is His cognate symbol the Phallus, representing Love and Liberty. Ra-Hoor-Khuit, like all true Gods, is therefore a Solar-Phallic deity. But we regard Him as He is in truth, eternal; the Solar-Phallic deities of the old Aeon, such as Osiris, "Christ", Hiram, Adonis, Hercules, &c., were supposed, through our ignorance of the Cosmos, to 'die' and rise again'. Thus we celebrated rites of 'crucifixion' and so on, which have now become meaningless. Ra-Hoor-Khuit is the Crowned and Conquering Child. This is also a reference to the 'Crowned' and Conquering 'Child' in ourselves, our own personal God. Except ye become as little children, said 'Christ', ye shall not enter into the Kingdom of God. The Kingdom of Malkuth, the Virgin Bride, and the Child is the Dwarf-Self, the Phallic consciousness, which is the true life of Man, beyond his 'veils' of incarnation.

Bernice

May I just say = "The teaching is the Cup, not it's Contents". Many avenues lead to an appprehension beyond the time/space continuum.

Bee :)

thorhammer

Bernice said:
May I just say = "The teaching is the Cup, not it's Contents". Many avenues lead to an appprehension beyond the time/space continuum.

I agree, Bee, so please don't take this as confrontational - just wondering what you meant by the above in the context of this verse/chapter/Book? I'm a little - no, make that a lot - lost in the whole of Chapter 2, and so haven't really contributed but have been following. Could you elaborate on your point a little for the dumbest of stars?

\m/ Kat

Bernice

Kat: ......just wondering what you meant by the above in the context of this verse/chapter/Book?
I was out of order. Saw people struggling to come to terms with a 'teaching' definition. It crossed my mind that all teachings are only a Cup, a means to approach the Contents. If the cup don't suit, change it!

Crawling away now........